ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New to forum and owner of FF 172... Hi all and request on wheel colour

Clio Sport 172
Hi all,

1st post so just want to say hello and post for feedback on something if thats ok.

Got a 2003 RS clio 172 ph2 (xenons,aircon, leather etc) thats bog standard in midnight blue but the previous owner put 17" team dynamic swords on it which to me look cr@p so have sourced a full set of 16" turinis. They are a bit tatty so will need a refurb but as the car is similar in colour to a clio williams would it look naff if I had the turinis done in williams gold or should I stick with the standard silver paint on the wheels.. thanks in advance to any useful input

cheers

rb182 cup
Hi all,

1st post so just want to say hello and post for feedback on something if thats ok.

Got a 2003 RS clio 172 ph2 (xenons,aircon, leather etc) thats bog standard in midnight blue but the previous owner put 17" team dynamic swords on it which to me look cr@p so have sourced a full set of 16" turinis. They are a bit tatty so will need a refurb but as the car is similar in colour to a clio williams would it look naff if I had the turinis done in williams gold or should I stick with the standard silver paint on the wheels.. thanks in advance to any useful input

cheers

i agree...wheels look crap,but otherwise a nice car. as for turinis,i'd go for standard silver or anthracite (like the trophy has)

chumpmobile
5705527952_368af07941.jpg

dc2
haha, glad to here your changing the wheels, seriously what are these people thinking when they shell out hard earned for stuff like that?

gold turinis, hmmmm, gonna be marmite that

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Monaco Blue :)

Glad you saw the light of day with those comedy wheels.

If you've got pics on Flickr, press the down-arrow above the picture next to 'actions', then drop down to 'Grab the HTML/BBCode' .. select BBCode, 640x size, copy and paste that straight into the reply box on here. The IMG tags are already there for you !

PS: Silver and blue really compliment each other. Leave the gold wheels to the Williams' haha ;)

AG 200 cup
Think what revels means is that it's called a renualt sport Clio, and Clio sports are the ph1 1.2 16v and campus'

Clio Sport 172
thanks for the positive comments about wheel colour.. tbh yep its a renault sport clio.... but thats a lot longer to type than FF 172 :D

Whilst we're on the subject... what are people actually imagining a "Full Fat" 172 is? Maybe it's just me who thinks it's odd to use the "cup suspension and cup spoiler" moniker to mean "I do not have cup suspension or a cup spoiler or a cup splitter but I do have all the things that come as standard..."

However your Renaultsport Clio 172 (pedantic :p) looks absolutely fantastic with Turinis especially in Monaco Blue! (not to mention by ditching the previous chavwagon wheels you've increased it's value infinitely...) :) If you haven't had the Turinis refurbed yet, maybe consider Anthracite? Some people may moan and make comments about sheep, but Turinis are popular for good reason.

DSC_0076-2.jpg

P.S. Welcome to ClioSport!

Last edited: