ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New (to me) 2002 Clio RS172.

Clio RS172
Hi, Just introduced myself in the 'Newbie' section. But thught i'd put some pictures up in here....

Purchased this car a couple of weeks ago, as i now have to do the school run on my way to work every morning, and there is no way my kids are going anywhere near my other car.

Picture093.jpg

Picture090.jpg

Picture092.jpg

Picture089.jpg

Picture095.jpg

Picture091.jpg

Picture094.jpg

Thanks,

Richard.

Clio RS172
Thanks Magpie/Millerdom she needs a few minor things (couple of stone chips, wheels refurbed and a new set of car mats and the ambers removing) but otherwise i dont plan to change the way it looks. Just going to do some small performance mods and then i'm done :)

I noticed after reading a few posts last night that there can be really 'blue' versions of Iceburg silver, and whilst the photo's dont illustrate it that much. I would seem to have a really 'blue' version (which i think looks stunning).

I'm with you on that, iceberg is a fantastic colour ;) especially if the right products are used on it.

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Looks nice that !! Only thing I'm not a fan of is the exhaust, stealth ftw ; )

The 'blueness' of iceburg paint depends on how it's been treated to date, and how much loving( quality products) you give it from now on...

Mk2 Ph2 172
Nice buddy but I'm a fan of the clean behind on the 172's.... No egg sauce showing ;)

But enjoy they are great little cars and I was very surprised when I bought mine a few months back

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Welcome to the madhouse !

There's going to be a big meet next weekend (Sunday morning) in Westerham if you're around and fancy that sort of thing. Check the SE section in 'Local meets'.

I noticed after reading a few posts last night that there can be really 'blue' versions of Iceburg silver, and whilst the photo's dont illustrate it that much. I would seem to have a really 'blue' version (which i think looks stunning).

There's either Iceburg Silver or Titanium (i.e.: bog standard) Silver. Iceburg has a fantastic blue shade to it. There isn't alternate versions of it ;) A crappy camera will make it look silver but it really is a fantastic colour when clean :approve:

Clio RS172
Thanks everyone, re the pics.... they were only taken with my phone. I'll see if the blue shows more when i take some pics with my camera.

When/if i get the time, i'm going to give the car a going over with a clay bar, treat her with a couple of coats of SRP then apply a sealant.

DCI RAZ: My other car is an E30 325i 'Motorsport Edition' Convertible in Macau Blue (now for sale) Although we have an old 318i Touring that the wife drives, for when a proper family car is needed.

I might try and make the Westerham meet on Sunday!

BG Clio 182
Nice tidy example there i see your a Worthing person, small world im along at Sompting.

Clio RS172
I can understand how the exhaust on show can divide opinion.
I think if it were a single pipe then i would prefer it to be hidden, but i'll admit to quite liking the twin pipes, although as the previous owner modified the rear bumper, they would be staying even if i wasnt to keen on them.

Incidentaly, i quite like that the pipes are not really 'boomy' in the cabin, but i guess that will all change when i de-cat and fidle with the induction side of things?

Clio RS172
Not far away at all Timus...... Don't suppose you live in a cul-de-sac and drive a Black 172 do you?
I only ask as I saw one for sale on PH and recognised the location as i used to live literally around the corner.

HeadK7, maybe I am being a little dumb, but what’s up with the plates?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Fancyplates.com .. pair of standard UK plates, no border with the GB tag will set you back about £15ish.

Get some velcro coins from Homebase/eBay and Bob's your proverbial.

:approve:

BG Clio 182
Not far away at all Timus...... Don't suppose you live in a cul-de-sac and drive a Black 172 do you?
I only ask as I saw one for sale on PH and recognised the location as i used to live literally around the corner.

HeadK7, maybe I am being a little dumb, but what’s up with the plates?

Not me i have a black 182 that i bought from a garage. Near Dunsfold Surrey.

BMW E36 328
Thats very tidy and clean. Shame about the exhaust and the ruined rear bumper due to the cutout.

Apart from that spot on