ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New to the Clio 172

3 MPS, MX5

Hi All,

Ive just picked up a year old 172 Sport.

It all looks ok appart from the odd chip and couple of scratches on the rump and some curbed alloys. Has anyone had their wheels refurbed? if so how much as it cost?

Driving it back yesterday evening from London I noticed that about 80mph the was this horrible resonance what seemed to be coming from the passenger side, at first I thought it might have been a speaker but it doesnt go away when you turn the radio off. On the subject of the stereo, Im buggered if I can find out how to tune the radio in manually, different stations come up on the sat nav screen but I cant seem to find out how to manually do it.....must be my age:confused:

Before you say look in the manual...I forgot it but the guy who sold it to me said hell put it in the post so hopefully I can read it tomorrow.

Cheers

Martin

Clio Dci

hi, glad you like the car and welcome to the forum

as for the noise i have not got a clue what that could be but hopefully somebody else will.

also the stereo in the cup that i have go is different to the one in the 172 so again i cannot help. :oops: but as the saying goes its the thought that counts

pete

Titanium 182

hmm

mate u sure youve bought a good car?

not a dodgy 172, did he give you the manual and you genuinley forgot it?>

damaged suspension parts causing the problems maybee?

did u hpi the car before u got it :)

172 FF

The noise will probably be the 4k rattle. You will notice it at different speeds in different gears. but it always happens at 4000RPM.

2 options if its that. (& you will hear it better with the window down)

1. Get it to Renault & try & get them to fix it under warranty.

2. Get an after market exhaust system.

I tried the first & Renault have just p*ssed me off to much so Im getting a k-tec stealth system when Ive got a bit of cash spare.

[Edited by NIN-172 on 28 May 2004 at 5:46pm]

3 MPS, MX5

Thanks for all your quick responses so far.

I did HPI it first and all is good, the only thing I had to do was make sure the finance was paid off so we both posted the draft to the finance company together.

Yes, the wallet was there its just that when we went back into his flat to count the cash (his bit) the wallet went in with us.

Im sure hell post it [cross fingers]

3 MPS, MX5

It doesnt sound as if its exhaust related but Ill just drop it in at the local dealers for them to investigate or rip appart.