ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New toy! (Home AV content)

2014 Focus Titanium
Just been setting this bad boy (Denon X4000) up and wow, this thing absolutely commands the room!

pemeze7u.jpg

I've upgraded from the Denon AVR-1912 and there is a definite improvement at high volumes, it's really brought my B&W CM1s to life, and to be honest they sounded amazing with the 1912!

u9e4esa3.jpg

Here's the set up in the new house, much better than the old one (thin, awkward shaped living room) as it's square and wide so I'm getting a much wider soundstage. The 50" needs upgrading now though, looks tiny!

Very please with the X4000 to say the least!

Z4
Is there a large difference between that and the slightly lesser models?(i.e your previous model)
If all things go well I'll be kitting out a house soon and would like some good stuff!

I don't consider myself an audiophile at all, but always appreciate a quality product.
I went into richer sounds last week with the intent of buying a projector (optoma hd25) and was quite unimpressed!
Tried out the more expensive epsom 6100 and was like 'this is how a projector should be!'. Huge difference when you put them back to back.

Good sized room btw, lots of potential there

2014 Focus Titanium
Chappers - too right!

Sir Dave - nice work, looks a good setup!

Chris_p - there is a noticeable difference, but it all depends on what you are happy with. I had my Denon 1912 (basically the old version of the X2000) for 2 years and loved it, it was a very capable amp. As I have only had the X4000 set up for a day and only used it for an hour or two I'm still getting used to the differences.

The first noticeable thing is that at high volumes it shows its power as the music doesn't get quite as 'muddy'. Many people say it's because of the Audyssey XT32 but also there's 200w per channel so that has got to have something to do with it.

The reason I upgraded is because eventually I would like some big ass floorstanders, and that's when the X4000 will come into its own due to having more power and the ability to to rig up separate amps through the pre-outs.

That said, the X2000 is a steal right now and a fantastic piece of kit!

SQ5
Love the newer Denon stuff, I've got the AVRX2000 powering 5 x B&W CCM665.

Just installed two AVRX4000 last week, one powering this room.

9y4udegu.jpg

y4a4a4u2.jpg

SQ5
It's an epic room, being so small with so much power the sound is immense! It didn't even need a sub but we thought it definitely benefited from one

SQ5
I've got loads, I have a thread on here with a lot of the pre work for it all. I'm going back tomorrow and will take loads and update that thread!