ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New track rims and change light in fifth

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
Dunno what your suggesting, that would be highly illegal if done on the A303 or similar.

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
I think 182's have closer gear ratios than Mk1 RS-172's. I hit exactly same speed but never be able see the shift light. Even it is always around 6500ish.
Mint vid by the way.

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
For anyone interested i quite sadly weighed the wheels:
~19kg!
182-cup-alloys-with-F1s.gif

~7.7kg
182-cup-car-alloys.gif

~17.2kg
182-cup-car-with-R888s.gif

Not the saving i hoped for but none the less a noticeable amount off of the unsprung weight. Approx 1.8kg per corner or 7.2kg total.

From the short blast ive had with them the R888s they feel great, nice turn in but not the same feeling as F1s/PE due to no tread block movement. Greater grip but less proggresive, which is as expected really.

Last edited:
  Breaking A 172 Replica
Is the second pic with a tyre on too?

Is the R888 lighter than a normal tyre?

Its just I understood normal tyres to weight around 6-7kg?

Sam

Massey6465 & saxo1.1
Avvvit!
Looks good Dude.Fond memories of my passenger laps around Haynes in this,awesome.

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
Yeah sorry,
1st pic is 182alloy with a eagle F1 on
2nd is cup racer alloy without tyre
3rd is cup racer alloy with toyo r888

Id like to have weighed the 182 alloy on its own but i dont have ability to remove the tyre. If i take scales to my tyre fitter i think they may think im proper scary lol.

Bear in mind the toyo are actually slightly larger due to keeping the same rolling diameter whilst dropping to a 15inch rim.
205/45-16 to 205/50-15.

Tucks, that was a great day, fun little track and on the limit all the way round