ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New trackday pics (Non-sport content) Opinions needed to improve suspension

F4R'd ph2 Dynamique
Hello everyone! Got some pic from the last trackday here in Curitiba, Brazil to share...

I am currently running Sportlines with uprated dampers on my Dynamique, but with slicks the body-roll seemed immense.. I am planning on getting Powerflex bushes and a Whiteline rear ARB. Do you guys think that'll be enough to keep the car planted or will I need to shell out some more for coilovers (note that none are for sale here in Brazil so I'd have to import them from the UK, paying costly freight charges and custom taxes)

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

IMG_8274.jpg

IMG_9351.jpg

IMG_9061.jpg

IMG_8917.jpg

IMG_8909.jpg

IMG_8560.jpg

IMG_8414.jpg

IMG_8343.jpg

IMG_8313.jpg

DSC_0422.jpg

DSC_0420.jpg

P.S. I know it's wrong to have RS badges on a non-sport but here in Brazil there are absolutely ZERO RS Clios so that makes it a little more acceptable i guess :eek:

Fiesta ST-3
Hi. Some nice pictures right there and the car condition looks great. Sadly I do not like the skirts and the wheels.

F4R'd ph2 Dynamique
Yeah I'm not the greatest fan of the skirts either, but since there is no RenaultSport down here there is no way to get ones like in the RS models. This was infact the OEM skirts that were supplied with the Dynamique here.. One day i'll try taking them off to see if it looks better..

F4R'd ph2 Dynamique
Roll's not a bad thing! A whiteline is a good idea also.

You could always try extra camber on the front, should help with cornering without killing the outer edges of the tyres.

I've set camber to -1.5 (all I could do with the special bolts), but that is not nearly enough I guess.. Maybe a camber plate can help me with that..

Black Clio GT
get the front to about -3deg camber and maybe look at increasing the front track with spacers, stiffening up the rear as much as you can and polly bushing everything will help too.

if your still not happy then its time to look at a higher lbs front spring rate.

F4R'd ph2 Dynamique
Thanks for the tips mat!

seems like i'm on the right track then.. Already purchased Powerflex bushes, and will get a Whiteline ARB to tighten up the rear.. Also I'm running 15mm Eibach Pro Spacers in the front and 25mm in the rear, so track is mostly OK. Maybe some ET38 rims for my slicks like my 16"s would give that extra edge..

Now I need to figure out how to achieve such a negative camber.. keeping in mind that modding parts for Clios here in Brazil are near impossible to find..

Turbos.
Nice photos!

I would be concerned about having slicks on the car, even on an RS model slicks provide more grip than the suspension components are designed to handle. Keep an eye on wear!

Its a shame you cannot get parts easily, as i would have simply suggested a 182 rear axle. The rear ARB will hopefully make it more entertaining to drive.

Black Clio GT
Thanks for the tips mat!

seems like i'm on the right track then.. Already purchased Powerflex bushes, and will get a Whiteline ARB to tighten up the rear.. Also I'm running 15mm Eibach Pro Spacers in the front and 25mm in the rear, so track is mostly OK. Maybe some ET38 rims for my slicks like my 16"s would give that extra edge..

Now I need to figure out how to achieve such a negative camber.. keeping in mind that modding parts for Clios here in Brazil are near impossible to find..

the more neg camber you have the wider you can get the front track, swap the rear spcers with the front next time your on track and just have a play with set ups/tyre pressures, it may take you a while but its worth it in the end.
as englebert said slicks are massive over kill for your set up so once you have ruined the edges maybe think about r888s which i think will suit your set up better....
regarding neg camber start with some eibach camber bolts (£20) and move onto adjustable top mounts if you still arnt getting enough but thats where it starts getting very expensive, might want to think about a baffled sump if you want to contine to run slicks too.....