ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Trophy

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Picked up my Trophy tonight, good and bad so far.
Good:
-Handling, even on worn tyres and in the wet the front end feels nailed to the apex
-Noise. Has decat, stainless exhaust, bmc cda, sounds great.

Bad:
-Boot lock screwed! Apparently a fairly common fault, new solenoid required, but until then the boot doesn't lock, lucky I checked or else it could of been months till I realised the car was unsecure. Had to leave the car at a friends, wedged between his car and the garage with disclok on.

New tyres going on Friday, going dealer tomorrow to have the boot sorted. Apart from the boot issue, couldn't be happier. Love the colour, the wheels, the seats etc etc. It's my 4th RS, think this one could hang around a bit longer than the others.
Had a short drive around with Riz and his Vee, pulled onto a Broad St in Birmingham to be faced by a nimbus 197, what are the odds of a Trophy, a Vee and a 197 randomly bumping into each other!

BMW E46 330i Touring
Congrats mate, sounds like you're enjoying it already. Boot issue sounds a bit scary especially if you hadn't known!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Congrats mate, sounds like you're enjoying it already. Boot issue sounds a bit scary especially if you hadn't known!
Yeah, not sure if the seller did, he didn't mention it. Lucky I was at Steve's when the same thing happened to his, probably the reason I checked.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Yeah, not sure if the seller did, he didn't mention it. Lucky I was at Steve's when the same thing happened to his, probably the reason I checked.

:D, mine went the morning you came to have a go in mine.

20 min fix at dealers, just crappy plastic & metal:mad:

Good choice by the way;)

Another one for them to hate:quiet:

Ad

MK2 FRS
Unlucky Warren with the boot! Same think happened to my Mk2 172 years back! As said a fairly common fault. Will be covered by warranty though thankfully!