ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Type Of Coilovers Just Arrived - Testing Ahead!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Mk5 golf gti
Just out of interest to this thread, mine are being fitted on Feb 1st by a friend who is a Renault technician - and a bloody good one. We'll also have a 172 Cup there that is fitted with H&R's and setup by Mark Fish.

We are going to mimic the ride heights and have a play around with settings etc. I've driven RS's on Ledas, FK's and H&R's (my favs for comprimised road and track use) so it'll be good to see what the three of us there on the night think.

I will also be doing numerous trackdays this year and will feedback the results to you.

If they are crap, then I will take them off. Simples. :D

mint .....that will be good.get a propa all round verdict then

172, Tiguan
I think mine have arrived as got a message from home that a big parcel has turned up. Ordered on the 14th!

Renaultsport Clio 172 Cup
I ordered mine on the 15th/16th I think, so hopefully mine will be coming in today or tommorrow..or friday lol

Tangoed Works
I dont think its about jealously, or neither should it be. I just think that questions should be raised about how much stuff you are getting for £160. Does seem far too cheap. Even coilovers that are like £300-400 notes, seems like a bit much to ask when they are probably purchased at like £150 trade.

I am about to shell out for coilovers in a couple of months time and just want to do it right first time. True you cannot really go wrong for £160, but what if a adjusting collar split due to poor construction / corrosion protection and you crashed?

I think I would rather purchase from a reputable company with some history, decent R&D credentials and contactablility if things did go wrong.

Just me...

172 Ph1,Golf GTI PDI
Id rather purchase a set of coilovers that have some form of credible test paperwork such as a TUV certificate, oh wait a minute i have!!.
How many coilover kits out there come with any certificated documentation?, AST??,Ktec??......

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
I dont think its about jealously, or neither should it be. I just think that questions should be raised about how much stuff you are getting for £160. Does seem far too cheap. Even coilovers that are like £300-400 notes, seems like a bit much to ask when they are probably purchased at like £150 trade.

I am about to shell out for coilovers in a couple of months time and just want to do it right first time. True you cannot really go wrong for £160, but what if a adjusting collar split due to poor construction / corrosion protection and you crashed?

I think I would rather purchase from a reputable company with some history, decent R&D credentials and contactablility if things did go wrong.

Just me...

with a 2 year warrenty i dont think there just going to brake

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

Just me...
Just to make a point, how much you spend is no guarantee sometimes. My AST's were hugely pricey, more than my kw's. And the rear adjuster collar snapped on both sides within 12 months.

What's boils my piss is that it was a known issue, a design fault, and they made no effort to contact purchasers to have them replaced.

Megane 225 Cup
clart , yes i did mate i wouldnt pay until he took the postage off i sent him 2 messages 1 in english one in german so he couldnt mess it up lol

Polo + Micra
Just to make a point, how much you spend is no guarantee sometimes. My AST's were hugely pricey, more than my kw's. And the rear adjuster collar snapped on both sides within 12 months.

What's boils my piss is that it was a known issue, a design fault, and they made no effort to contact purchasers to have them replaced.

did the ast set come with tuv approval/certification?

172, Tiguan
Mine are here! I've not opened the box yet though as I'm not having them fitted for a while. I can go and get some pics though if people want.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Mine are here! I've not opened the box yet though as I'm not having them fitted for a while. I can go and get some pics though if people want.

Put them on urself! no a hard job :rasp:

DMS

A thirsty 172

Yeah a couple of pics would be good.
And as said, put them on yourself. I'm not skilled when it comes to mechanics, but I fitted my own springs myself and I'd imagine fitting the coilovers is much the same job. Dead easy.

TTRS & V50

Yet 'cheap' companies like V-maxx have a known fault of the rear shocks bushing. And they made the effort to send out each and every customer from the group buy two brand new rear dampers with a re-designed damper bush to solve the fault.

Can't ask for much better service than that.

My 'cheap' coilovers have been on 9 ish months and 10 k, and still performing well.

172, Tiguan
Yeah a couple of pics would be good.
And as said, put them on yourself. I'm not skilled when it comes to mechanics, but I fitted my own springs myself and I'd imagine fitting the coilovers is much the same job. Dead easy.

Can't be arsed tbh. Work all day and then on the road at the weekends. Haven't got the use of a garage. I'd rather pay someone to do it properly and drink tea whilst they do it. :approve:

DMS

A thirsty 172
Lol. That's normally what I do TBH, but occasionally I feel adventurous and do something myself. It normally goes badly but this one time it didn't.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Im to lazy tbh. Work all day and then on the road at the weekends. Haven't got the use of a garage. I'd rather pay someone to do it properly and drink tea whilst they do it. :approve:

EFA :approve:

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
fitted my ktr fronts yesterday, two part numbers one a clear ktr one and another that had been pressed in at a different date.

ktr09 rs 172
and the older number is 0929

RS 172
There is not any more available! :eek:

Dear dinnek2002,

Sorry, we have trouble with a other Seller and at the moment we cannot sell this item through eBay. We can offer you the item without eBay. We only need your address and e-mail...

respons from Bombastic-things

RS 172
Serious ?

That the respons that I got from them, try to go to their store on ebay and you can not fint anything for clio 172

I think I will buy because I have a reative in germany but, do not know is it safe in that way because it is not going through ebay!?

something weird is happening!? LoL

Nissan 350z
I dont think anything wierd is happening he probably just ran out of stock. Ebay listings normally make you state a quantity of items you have for sale and its ran out no doubt. He will probably relist on Ebay once he gets more stock as when you sell on Ebay people cry if you tell them "sorry this is actually out of stock and you need to wait 10days".

TTRS & V50
Dear dinnek2002,

Sorry, we have trouble with a other Seller and at the moment we cannot sell this item through eBay. We can offer you the item without eBay. We only need your address and e-mail...

respons from Bombastic-things

I dont think anything wierd is happening he probably just ran out of stock. Ebay listings normally make you state a quantity of items you have for sale and its ran out no doubt. He will probably relist on Ebay once he gets more stock as when you sell on Ebay people cry if you tell them "sorry this is actually out of stock and you need to wait 10days".

Nothing to do with out of stock mate !!!

Nissan 350z
They only said they could offer them on their website. IE you can place the order. They didnt mention they had them in stock either :)

Unless they mean someone has filed a dispute with their Ebay account and its been frozen from listing new items? Not sure on the ins and outs of Ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.