ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New weekend hack = R5 Gt Turbo

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Sounds a good spec. 285 is a great all rounder.

Yeah AFRs are absolutely crucial with these cars. Get it right and you'll have a fast and reliable car, get it wrong and things quickly go pear shaped.

Ok sounds good just a heads up if you have never played around with the carb before they can be tricky to set up properly and require lots of trial and error.

As long as you take some jets with you and micro drill bits you should be fine. Low to mid 12s afr is good however the carb can be a bit crude at times.

Look forward to seeing how you get on :)

Cheers, tbh I'm going to use a guy who originally tuned the boost level. I would do it myself but to be honest, experience is key which I do not have on carb tuning.

Good thinking Ant. Once you learn how it's done from someone else then you can start to do things yourself. These are great cars for playing around with and learning how everything works because they are so simple.

The car is looking great tho and I really like the sound of your plans for it.

Keep up the good work!

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Finally have a mint set of front and rear seats. Also a mint red carpet and red decals will be with me tomorrow :)

just need some replacement door pillar trims, better dash, and some
door cards and than the interior will be ace!!!

Pics of the seats and red carpet.

i have also fitted amber indicators and for the time
being I'm going to leave the exterior as is.

image_zpse7af0404.jpg

image_zps923dd0cd.jpg

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Nice to see OE parts going back in, regards 22psi and 230bhp what pistons are fitted?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Nice to see OE parts going back in, regards 22psi and 230bhp what pistons are fitted?

Engine was forged by K-Tec, so forged pistons.

tbh I'm going to stop at 20psi, than it will be safe, I don't need anymore than that otherwise I will lose drive ability.

Im going to focus more on suspension, geo,and getting the power down.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Assuming std comp forged pistons? To be honest I wouldn't go far further than 20psi, is 20 at the carb top or manifold?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Assuming std comp forged pistons? To be honest I wouldn't go far further than 20psi, is 20 at the carb top or manifold?

That I don't know. The guy who will be finishing it off has been working on these his whole carer so I will let him make that call. It will be the last thing on my list to do now.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Insane little thing. One car i've never sat in is a 5. Reliability would be the best thing you could rather than power imo. It's a death trap even at 150bhp never mind 250!

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Mint standards seat back in, nice red carpet fitted, refurbished black steering wheel fitted. Just need to pick up my goodies from
Mike tomorrow!

image_zpsc7eb09c6.jpg

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Better

I have a load of parts/spares still somewhere, would you be interested?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Interior shots from today, got a
mint undamaged dash to fit, door cards to be flocked in next pay day, and now have red decals
to be fitted. interior is in very very good
nick, but not concourse, this car is to be used
not touched up!!

image_zps35fbeefc.jpg

image_zps16a9017b.jpg

image_zpsbcfd16cc.jpg

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Not doing much with the exterior after the decals. Will keep any eye out for wheels, mainly down to cost for bumpers, but tbh I like them as is!

LOL @ thinking 20psi is safe in a R5 GTT. The things have a mind of their own with 5psi, nevermind 20.

It will be absolutely fine as long as the fueling is set up correctly.

The problems only start when people begin playing with the boost and they don't know how to adjust the fueling.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Looks so much better! Now wheels silver and it will be spot on

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Smoked chrome seems to be popular at the moment - hint of both colours then.

Wheels and wing mirrors back to white and I genuinely would not touch it - it looks fantastic!

Vw caddy tdi
Looking great but door mirrors need to be white ;)
+1
liking the way this is going in general period red decals suit if mine would prob fit a grill mount intercooler or put double capacity next to rad then could fit standard non cut bumper imo would look even smoother. As for boost I used to run 11psi min 1.2 bar max on preset incar controller with just a few carefully selected bolt ons standard turbo 170-190 est depending on cooling, when it was blueprinted block with gtt he5lic up'd it to 23 max rapid either way8)