ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newb on the lookout

Hi all,

Some of you that have moved on from Saxos to Clios may recognise the username.

Been into my Saxos for years, sold, moved on, bought several "sensible" cars such as my current Octavia vRS and Mk1 Golf GTi but after recently returning from a road trip around Europe with a S4 cabrio and Porsche 981S, driving many of the Italian and alpine passes such as Davos to Stelvio and the Stelvio pass I've decided that for next year's trip I'll be tricking up a 182 to take along.

Looking around I can buy a decent 182 for around £2500 and sort brakes, suspension and seats/harnesses for about another £2500.

I'll have a mooch around the forum rather than asking all the mundane and repetitive questions, but for now, hi.

Craig

Lol, it took me a few attempts. I actually tried to re-register but I got a message to say the email address was already in use so I guessed my way in through the back door!

You did well - most people can't remember their details from last week.

How come you signed up all those years ago? Were you looking at buying then or just having a nosy?

Either way, welcome (back).

I seem to remember a thread slating my old car on here from FCS or Trax many, many years ago. I'll see if I can find it.....

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Welcome along mate, I had a GTi/VTS years ago as well, seems to be the natural progression.

As per your budget, for £5000, you're aswell to buy a Trophy. The standard brakes are ample enough and the Sach's suspension set up is a good starting point.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Welcome mate

Should be able to get a bloody decent 182 with your total budget. Look in the market place for ones that have been modified already, miles better value than getting the seats and suspension separately afterwards (decent ones i mean not cheapo)

Or as above get a Trophy and jobs a good one, stick some uprated pads in front if you want and you're away.

Yeah I know what you're saying guys but right now I have a budget for the car, then the plan is to build as I go along.

M2 Comp
Welcome mate! I loved the black VTS you had, so will look forward to seeing what you do with a Clio.