ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

newbie 172 cup owner

Hi guys and gals. Just tough Id introduce myself as a now very proud owner of a 172 cup. Got it on Tuesday from renault wolverhampton. 53 reg with 5 delivery miles for £10,500 - so even more chuffed.

Used to have a new mini cooper and this thing handles sooo much better!! Cant wait to finish the 625 mile run in cuz Im itching to give it the drive it deserves... Only 480 to go :)

Nice one......Im 2 hours away from picking my new 172 cup up, 53 plate with delivery miles, £10,500 reg vardy in sunderland. Cant wait! :D

Lee

BMW M2C

Welcome to Cliosport.

Where are you from? Im just down the road from Wolvo, in fact I know a lad who works for Renault Wolverhampton .

I take it that will be two new members soon then? ;)

Peddled device

I picked my Cup up from Renault Wolverhampton on wednesday....sold by Tony facer....£10500 = 6 months tax and fuel to get back to Manchester

Car is just amazing.Had to sleep in it the other night.........joke!

Had people slowing down on the M6 just to get a good look:)

got mine off Mark Boucher also with full tank of fuel, although itsprobably safeways :)

I see in the manual that 98 RON is the only recommended fuel - is optimax best?

On a slightly niggling note, Ive noticed that the steering wheel is slightly off centre (to the right) when Im going straight. Im not sure if it is because of the road camber (although same on motorway), if the tracking is slightly out or they have put the steering wheel on with the wheels not properly aligned. Any suggestions??????

172, Tiguan

Mine was like that, they just need to adjust the track rod ends, no problems

Welcome by the way.

Quote: Originally posted by cupid on 26 March 2004

On a slightly niggling note, Ive noticed that the steering wheel is slightly off centre (to the right) when Im going straight. Im not sure if it is because of the road camber (although same on motorway), if the tracking is slightly out or they have put the steering wheel on with the wheels not properly aligned. Any suggestions??????
Try finding an emply back country road and drive on the other side of the road if its still pulling them youll need the tracking done.

Best have it looked at though just to set your mind at rest

Mmm. Mines the same. Check your tire pressures are even as its very sesitive to that. I think they all seem slightly on the p155.

You get used to it after a while.

Megane 225 baby! :)

Quote: Originally posted by cupid on 26 March 2004

Hi guys and gals. Just tough Id introduce myself as a now very proud owner of a 172 cup. Got it on Tuesday from renault wolverhampton. 53 reg with 5 delivery miles for £10,500 - so even more chuffed.

Used to have a new mini cooper and this thing handles sooo much better!! Cant wait to finish the 625 mile run in cuz Im itching to give it the drive it deserves... Only 480 to go :)
Hiya! http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/bigwave.gif

Megane 225 baby! :)

Quote: Originally posted by Natton on 26 March 2004

Nice one......Im 2 hours away from picking my new 172 cup up, 53 plate with delivery miles, £10,500 reg vardy in sunderland. Cant wait! :D
Welcome to the Jungle! :p

Peddled device

ok....260 miles done so far:)......only about 400 to go then l can open this baby up:D

Even not going above 3500 rpm l can feel it pulling..."Put your foot down Dave.....go on....itll be fine....feel the force...do it.....do it !!", the cars saying:devilish:

Sounds like an ex girlfriend !!!!!!

Well i havent been on the site for about 2 days...mainly to the fact that ive been driving my new cup around ....clocking up them miles....done 300 in 2 days!!! Cant believe the pull in fourth gear....and not even going high in the revs! Like a post above people do slow down to have a look, even had a driver of a Scoob Uk300 nearly break his neck to have a look!!! :D