ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

newbie 4rm wales need help clio 1.4s

2000 clio 1.4s
hi all
I just bought 2000 clio 1.4s after i drive it for about 10miles or so if i park up the car wont start up it sort of cranks once and nothing .. I dont know alot about cars but I'm not afraid to have a go .... Been online to check and two possible causes are crank sensor and the crash switch under bonnet by battery ... How is the crash switch suppose to feel ? I did look at this yesterday when car refused to start and I pushed it in but it felt really hard took red rubber cover off and two circular plastic bits inside felt really loose as if there suppose to be a spring or somthing there ???
I hope somebody can help me with this

cheers

2000 clio 1.4s
the battery negative is a bit loose it turns and clamp wont tighten anymore and umm its a vauxhall battery but that shouldn't make any diffrence ... Does anybody know how the crash switch should feel like and how it looks when red rubber cover removed ???