ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie after a 172 Cup...

Hello, I'm new to this forum and after a bit of research I think a 172 Cup could be my next purchase.

I'm well old, and have owned many different marques over the past 20 something years, but I guess I'm still young at heart.

I became a dad for the first time 2 years ago, and that's when I sold my last serious toy (a very serious Japanese one as it happens).

I'm now completely fed up with conventional family motoring and want something that's one part practical, but at least two parts fun, and the 172 Cup fits the bill perfectly.

Having looked around at what's being advertised, prices seem to vary quite a bit, from £3k to about £6k. I'll probably go and see some over the weekend, and you never know I might even take the plunge there and then.

I will probably do the occasional track day, and the car will have brake and suspension modifications to suit.

Clio 197 08
Welcome to CS, sounds like you know what you want! Lol! Good luck with finding the right 172 cup and hope to see some pictures up when you do.

172 Cup
Hiiiiiii!

Welcome!

Just been recently converted, and my god i've not stopped smiling since Sunday afternoon!

Also what was your mega jap?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Good choice! Ideal for what you're looking for.

100k commuting + leisure in its first four years for mine, and the drive to and from work was the highlight of every day.

Only 7k since in the last two, but the weekends are something to really look forward to now :approve:

Hiiiiiii!

Welcome!

Just been recently converted, and my god i've not stopped smiling since Sunday afternoon!

Also what was your mega jap?

Thanks for the warm welcome!

My previous toy was a 650bhp Skyline R32 GTR built by Zeni Tani (this was my 2nd R32 GTR). It was imported by me (through an agent), with the aim of running in the Time Attack series. The arrival of my son (who's 2 today) resulted in me not having the time to develop and use the car as intended, so with much regret it had to go.

I will always be tempted by another Skyline, but the runnning costs are in the premier league, and in this uncertain economic climate it could prove to be financial suicide.

I'll post up a pic later, for those interested.

clio 172 cup
mine is going up for sale 53-54k miles im putting it up on autotrader £4,000 no offers next week as im going self employed i need a van

Clio 172 RS2
Welcome Sy,

Practical and fun? Enter the Clio Renault Sport.

It's a different motor, but Supernatural goes a long way...

Clio 172 Cup
Welcome

Great choice, had mine 6 weeks now, the bumpy roads of Sheffield do annoy, but once you have a clear road the smile on my face is endless.

Hope you find a good un.