ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie, and i would like to thank...

172 mk2...with clima
Norris309 who on this thread, yesterday:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=125170

mentioned that there was a minter of a late-2003 172 Cup with the very rare Climate Control pack somewhere in Bristol. Minutes later i was calling the Renault dealers in Bristol having found them on the www.renault.co.uk website....i found one but it didn't say Climate Control on the details so i made the woman go out on the forecourt in the feezing cold and look through the window! Sure enough that was the one.

I left Brighton under an hour later and drove there, had a look and a drive and this morning put the deposit on it. I am now waiting for Dan from the dealer (who is apparently registered on this forum...) to call me back and let me know if it will be ready for Saturday.....fingers crossed.

Anyway, hello all and expect some dim questions fairly shortly....

Andy

RB 200 Cup!
well done mate on purchasing a 172 - my friends a renault mechanic and sometimes borrows one - they are amazing and completely out pace my 2003 1.6 16v - cant wait til i got the money t buy one. Whats the colour of the one youve put the deposit on?

Ziel Nurburgring
Nice work Andy, i think ive met the guy. He was at the Oulton trackday last year, decent guy.

Go easy with it until you get used to it, you dont want it biting you on these green roads

172 mk2...with clima
Timmay said:
well done mate on purchasing a 172 - my friends a renault mechanic and sometimes borrows one - they are amazing and completely out pace my 2003 1.6 16v - cant wait til i got the money t buy one. Whats the colour of the one youve put the deposit on?

the standard dark blue...i'd have put up a picture but they all look the same!

172 mk2...with clima
Timmay said:
^^ sweet!

You gonna mod it much or keep it standard?

it isnt a daily driver for me (i have a van for that) so it will be getting a few choice mods to make it a better track and fast road car

sussies, possible de-cat pipe?

nothing major though

it will be at the 'ring in a few months so it is going to be modded to be the best 'ring toy' it can be;)

A4 Avant & A3
I'm jealous now lol.. that one is exactly the same as mine, but the wheels are in better condition.. (well spot on condition actually)

Nice one mate, i'm glad i posted that now then :)

Enjoy it.. i'm sure you will :)
I bought mine from that dealer last year.

172 mk2...with clima
Confirmed, i shall have it Saturday. :)

I won't have time to drive it much though; i am racing on sunday. :evil: