ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Porsche Boxster S

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Just saw this Sam, tbh if both keys were there and I wanted to go for a ballistic drive I'd take the keys to the trophy, however If I wanted to look like a playboy i'd take the porsche ;) Nice upgrade mate.

As for you working too much, everytime I call in you're never there lol was hoping to get a ride out in the trophy before it goes but doesnt look like I'll be so lucky. Have you sorted out what you're racing next season? I hope its got a renault badge ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Stunning machine mate. Really nice even in that colour. Oh and baller plate surely worth more than the car!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I've been looking at these for months now, and that one looks amazing. They're not great looking with the roof up, but with it down they look amazing.

Let us know how you get on.

Mercedes
Wrong Spec for me,

I would have gone for 2.5 Tiptronic with the cloth seats with no air con......... The youth of today will never learn ;)

Clio 172
Lovely car Sam they are so under rated. I had a 3.2 Boxter S in Blue with tan leather for a couple of weeks when I worked at Lexus and apart from the fact it had less space than a mini's boot it was a superb car to drive. Added bonus of no room for the kids.

182 FF, A6 Avant
What was your stance around the RMS & IMS failures on these?

I was very close to buying a 3.2 S a while ago, but the risk of a rebuild that pretty much write the car off put me off.

People seem to say that anything with 60k+ should be OK, as in, if it was going to go, then it would have by now!

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
Love the purity of the mid-engined driving experience, don't like the cost of consumables.

I bought a new Boxster back in 1999. Its still in the family now as I gave it to my little sister... consumables??? what comsumables!!!! 60k miles and still on original clutch, brake discs etc etc! Been faultless and very very cheap to run!

carfleet010.jpg

BRILLIANT cars to own and drive and surprisingly practical. I had all these and for a country lane blast... Boxster was the best. I'd get a exhaust put on it and an induction kit... as they do lack a decent sound. Once I had mine howling it was awesome.... wasn't very fast in straight line but sounded amazing and could carry epic speed. I still drive it now occasionally. Great car.

Enjoy yours.

Lotus Elise
Cheers for the kind words guys.

Lovely car Sam they are so under rated. I had a 3.2 Boxter S in Blue with tan leather for a couple of weeks when I worked at Lexus and apart from the fact it had less space than a mini's boot it was a superb car to drive. Added bonus of no room for the kids.

I think the boot spaces are very good, especially the front when the space saver is removed.

What was your stance around the RMS & IMS failures on these?

RMS was done when the clutch and fly were replaced at the last service. IMS is over played on the internet like most horror stories however I am thinking about getting a engine warranty :eek:

BRILLIANT cars to own and drive and surprisingly practical. I had all these and for a country lane blast... Boxster was the best. I'd get a exhaust put on it and an induction kit... as they do lack a decent sound. Once I had mine howling it was awesome.... wasn't very fast in straight line but sounded amazing and could carry epic speed. I still drive it now occasionally. Great car.

Interesting point about noise, I have never experienced anything other then a 3.2 and the noise levels are perfect IMO I can imagine a 2.5 might lack a some guts in the noise department. My dad says he would still own his today if it hadn't been crashed by a family friend at the 'ring.

I have just ordered an MO33 Suspension kit, new front top mounts and droplinks. 7mm spacers and DS2500 next. :D

Wrong Spec for me,

I would have gone for 2.5 Tiptronic with the cloth seats with no air con......... The youth of today will never learn
smiley2.gif

You have an AMG, right?

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Awesome motor Sam, I did want RWD but I'm severley lacking in talent so stuck with the devil I know.

Can only imagine your hair after a roof down blast in this!!

53 Clio's & counting
6ft 3 mate, (We stood chatting long enough at LLandow ;) ) though it's not head room, it's legroom, I am 90% leg and the seat doesn't go back far enough for me to get comfortable :(

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
That's why I asked, I'm 6ft2 and a touch, so was confused. If you're all leg that explains it though, my legs are a bit tight in a lot of cars, but just about OK.

53 Clio's & counting
Yeah, tis a shitter tbh mate, the only car I have ever properly fitted comfortably was my Elise lol

White clique
looks fantastic, congrats!

I would definitely consider getting a third party warranty on this, they are great cars but as has been mentioned earlier in the thread, when they go wrong, they go wrong in a massive way! I had an engine written off at 6k miles on a Cayman, sure it was bad luck but for peace of mind i would seriously consider the outlay.

Lovely car mate. Such good fun to drive!!

Not sure if it's possible on the Boxters like it is 911s. But have a search on Google for something called a gundo hack.

Makes them sound even better. It's the after market solution to the PSE. You could probably do it yourself seeing as your a mechanic.

Lionel Richie
captain slow had one of these, Sam has the sam hair cut and dress sense

i'll ask Jav to look out for a 996turbo engine ;)

Lotus Elise
captain slow had one of these, Sam has the sam hair cut and dress sense

i'll ask Jav to look out for a 996turbo engine ;)

GT3 engine would be better ;)

Russ: I have a load of bits sat in the garage waiting to be put on (top mounts and droplinks) my MO30 suspension kit should come next week hopefully as well as the DS2500. After this I shall get the steering wheel retrimmed in alcantara.

Im 6ft 2 and a bit and fit in nicely however some GT3 seats would make it a bit more comfy.