ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie looking for a 172 cup

Hi all, I'm new here. My names Dan and I'm from Shropshire/welsh borders.
Looking to get a clio 172 cup to replace my golf gt tdi on daily duties as, although the golf is a fantastic car, it's utterly dull to drive.
Im not new to French cars, after owning a 205 xs, 106 xsi 1.6, a 309 gti, a 306 hdi and a 306 gti6.
Im deciding between another gti6 or breaking my Renault virginity with a cup.
So I'm looking for advise and to possibly find my new daily car!
Thanks, Dan.

Clio 182/207cc GT
Hi Dan, I'm looking for a 172/182 myself what made you choose a cup?

also Dan

Hi Dan, good name!
I just prefer the look of the cup and the way they drive, had a go in both and the cup just seems a little more focused.

Clio 182/207cc GT
Hi Dan, good name!
I just prefer the look of the cup and the way they drive, had a go in both and the cup just seems a little more focused.

Having not driven either it's interesting to know this,

The cloth seats, no xenons or and not putting you off at all? I'm pretty much spending all my time looking for one at the moment doesnt seem to be many around that have been looked after properly. :(

I generally find xenons pretty crap to be fair, and there's a few with half leather. I'd rather that half leather but could cope with cloth.

Thanks for the welcome
Done a deal on a 172 cup this afternoon. Not a mint example but not what I'd call rough. And it was a bargain so bit the bullet

Here she is, in need of some tlc but I plan to bring her back to her former glory!

7adytu8y.jpg

4ugupa3a.jpg
a8e4y8u8.jpg

That's what I thought, I could of bought a mint one but I'd get bored quickly. Saying that, this shed requires some maintaining!
ybuqapyg.jpg