ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newest member of the RB182 Cup club

LostInSpace

ClioSport Club Member
Hello everyone and happy new year.

Collected a Racing Blue 182 Cup today that was advertised here on the forum. Thanks to Mark for an great buying experience.

Car is original bar a Scorpion cat back exhaust and Ph1 gear knob with a full service history, currently on 76k miles. All the important jobs and service items have been done, so it’s read to go. Don’t have any pics yet, hope to remedy that soon.

Trawling through the forum was extremely useful pre purchase, so thanks to everyone for the quality of info here and also the fun and friendly vibe, which is a pleasant and welcome change from some forums.

Cheers,

Ryan

Land Rover
Sounds good, they are great cars and not expensive unlike some other older performance cars, where prices have gone silly.
Parts are readily available and cheap, again unlike some other similar cars.

LostInSpace

ClioSport Club Member
Although still in the honeymoon period, it is in great condition which I intend to maintain. As I get more familiar with it, I’ll start acquiring and refurbishing stuff - 15 years use still takes its toll.

First task is to get some floor mats - off to eBay.

Land Rover
Yes l spent a fortune on bits and pieces when l bought mine, even though it already looked very nice.
I spent £600 just on the bits and pieces!

The best thing l did though, was to replace the clutch. It’s so much nicer with a clutch that you don’t need to brace yourself against the seat to press down.

Oh and the cam belt change, but that was because somebody had got it wrong the last time.
And it was nice to get the aircon working. But these weren’t in the £600....the extra work cost me £2,000 lol

Cast off parts box, and my dent man removing minor dents

image.jpg
33EF46D8-4395-4533-91E9-AFFBE993CAE1.jpeg
FDA5E08E-C89A-4767-8B73-F8D3947CADF9.jpeg

Last edited:

LostInSpace

ClioSport Club Member
Clutch and AC good, everything works which is why it’s such a nice car.

I’m just going to refurbish parts as time allows to continue improving condition - and drive it!

Land Rover
I have found the car to be better built than l thought it would be, everything still works including the rain sensitive wipers, cruise control, computer, and other fancy electronics.
No corrosion or paint issues either.
As a 14 year old performance car with several previous owners and 100,000 miles on the clock l think it’s pretty good.