ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newish to Cliosport.net

Hi name's James.

Owned a clio sport for 5 months now, two of them.

The first was bought as a work 'run around'. But because I'm a relatively old b'tard (37) I thought I'd get something sporty....

It was this,
10267764_732237656827782_3450780280877006030_n_zpsdce7906b.jpg

Great example. Ran well, had loads done to it. Was the previous owners pride and joy and got it for £1600.00, a bargain. Unfortunately after 6 weeks of ownership I hit some diesel on a wet road on the way to work and this happened,
10446496_749839805067567_7188354736699807147_n_zps0fe2ba75.jpg

Gutted. So armed with a full insurance payout and increased budget (thanks wifey!) I found and bought this,
10300044_754882064563341_2872456544374347421_n_zpscc1f3034.jpg

My new Clio Sport 172 Cup. Loads done to it already won't take any credit for those mods. Ktec exhaust, remap and induction kit. Eibach lowering springs, brembo discs and pads. I've replaced the badly fogged headlights, replaced the lorry steering wheel for mountney corsa d wheel. Fitted a Richbrook leather gaiter and knob. Done some carbon wrapping on the interior and some interior colouring.

Few more bits and pieces to do, aren't there always...!

That's it really, just saying hello. Intend to do a project thread with some decent pics soon.

Cheers James

yes it did. if you look closely you can see a concrete pillar holding the m5 up in the background, I hit that....!

Well since I've had it its had a new mot, new l/r caliper needed but that was all. I managed to get the mot done with the new steering wheel. Been going to my local garage for nearly 10yrs so he was happy that if the airbag light went out then all was fine :). New headlights to replace badly fogged originals. New gearbox oil as had to do reverse sensor for the mot. Most of what ive done already are interior mods. Painted the centre console bit of carbon wrapping, foot well LED's etc.

Was thinking of doing a few track days but will wait till after xmas considering what happened to the first one I had!! No major mechanical upgrades planned as I don't have the time at the moment, got 2 young kids.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
yes it did. if you look closely you can see a concrete pillar holding the m5 up in the background, I hit that....!

Well since I've had it its had a new mot, new l/r caliper needed but that was all. I managed to get the mot done with the new steering wheel. Been going to my local garage for nearly 10yrs so he was happy that if the airbag light went out then all was fine :). New headlights to replace badly fogged originals. New gearbox oil as had to do reverse sensor for the mot. Most of what ive done already are interior mods. Painted the centre console bit of carbon wrapping, foot well LED's etc.

Was thinking of doing a few track days but will wait till after xmas considering what happened to the first one I had!! No major mechanical upgrades planned as I don't have the time at the moment, got 2 young kids.

How have you wired your footwell LEDs up? I stupidly got a feed from my cigarette lighter and didn't install a switch - drove me bonkers!

How have you wired your footwell LEDs up? I stupidly got a feed from my cigarette lighter and didn't install a switch - drove me bonkers!

hi. I just ran them off the roof light console. So when the door opens the lights come on or you can switch them on via the reading light. Just ran the pos/neg wires inside the the roof liner down the l/h A pillar. Feeding through to the drivers side behind the gearbox console was a bit fiddly.