ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newport to Rhayader - Sunday 6th April - 200+ miles of tarmac.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Myself and @Tree200 are no longer able to make this I'm afraid.

Have a good time chaps and watch the roads!

Cheers for the heads up Lawro.

wow I was a bit gutted about the mountain road but see why now... so this will be my first meet, do I just turn up and follow everyone? lol

Had to be done sorry mucka, It's not worth risking another accident.

Just turn up, meet people, make new friends and drive some new roads. There's a few stop off points along the way for grub/photo's and those that have them to set up/fiddle around with their GoPros in between sections.

Clio 172 (Now 182)
yea I agree, safety first! ok thanks :) I am looking forward to meeting other people who are as nutty about their clios as I am haha

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
I'm really looking forward to this now!!My misses just gave me an early birthday prezzie (birthday is the 8th)A gopro hero 3, ready for this meet :DSo excited!

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I'm really looking forward to this now!!My misses just gave me an early birthday prezzie (birthday is the 8th)A gopro hero 3, ready for this meet :DSo excited!

Two camera cars for the day then...i'll be dragging my driftHD along.
Any chance i'd be able to pinch the meet footage from you afterwards fella? I'll make a mass edit then and chuck it up online.

V nice. Good Mrs!

I'd like to try a go pro myself. May get one as a present for myself :p

Start off with a Drift if I were you chap, there's not much difference in them except for the price (and with drift you get more goodies to start with)

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
Two camera cars for the day then...i'll be dragging my driftHD along.
Any chance i'd be able to pinch the meet footage from you afterwards fella? I'll make a mass edit then and chuck it up online.

Yeh no worries! I can't say it will be great footage as I'm not used to it yet! Hopefully have some practice before the weekend, I don't have an official rated suction mount yet so it will be mounted in car to be safe with it lol..

i have a cheapo 'dash cam' which I might set up facing out the back window also, if I can find a spare micro sd for it! It's not greatest quality but it was super cheap and does work haha

ill also be bringing my dslr to take some photos with along the stop points! Just point and click stuff to remember the day and write up about :)

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeh no worries! I can't say it will be great footage as I'm not used to it yet! Hopefully have some practice before the weekend, I don't have an official rated suction mount yet so it will be mounted in car to be safe with it lol..

Mounting outside just means you get a hell of a lot of wind noise more than anything mucka, always best to mount the cameras in car on a meet....if it falls off it generally gets crushed! (I found that out the hard way a few years back!)

Last edited:
  172 cup, mgb, mini
any idea of the time you will reach point B on the map as i would like to catch up with everyone there.

Bug

Megane rs250
How many are actually gonna turn up tomorrow then?
I been up since 8 pissing about with this wiring trying to be ready for it
Looks like the rain is gonna be in checked this morning seems like it will be short showers of rain

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
Myself and Ash' will be there! Leaving at 8:30 in the morning, aiming to be there by 10-10:30 to get petrol and scope out the area :)

in the infamous words of Borat, I am excite!

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
How many are actually gonna turn up tomorrow then?
I been up since 8 pissing about with this wiring trying to be ready for it
Looks like the rain is gonna be in checked this morning seems like it will be short showers of rain

Does look as though it'll be raining on and off in the morning though should brighten up a bit in the afternoon.
Sadly can't be avoided....but if anything it's a good thing as it'll keep every ones speed down.

172 cup, mgb, mini
Thanks for that I will be there, selling the cup so wanted to get some idea of price etc from some other enthusiastes..

Bringing the DSLR to get some snaps :) Filters LiquidYellDan Bug if you guys and whoever else is coming wants to PM me their numbers just to make it easier to get a hold of everyone incase me and Dan are late or can't find you guys lol.

We should be ok though i think we will be getting there a touch early tomorrow.

Bug

Megane rs250
Couldnt sort my miss fire :( its only happening once a blue moon around 2k rpm so frustrating
But I'll still be there anyways my car will be filthy though cant be bothered cleaning in the rain so it can stay dirty
See all you guys in the morning

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Forgot about this lol, looking at the weather app on my phone turns out it's raining and as a rule my bike don't see rain so i won't be heading to this tomorrow guys.

Hope you you all have a good turn out and a good day, from previous comments there's a few taking go-pro's so will look forward to the video clips.

Bug

Megane rs250
Its ok buddy I got new plugs for it friday been meaning to do them but the awful weather we've had has killed my motivation so gonna try them if not then back to the obd reader

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Hahaha got to love last minute problems.....
Arch liners on mine has started to come loose and the bumpers knocking so will be tinkering away in the morning!

clio 182 trophy
I haven't estimated a time to be honest chap.
I'd say 5-6pm....possibly later if we're having to much fun to head home.

See how the day pans out really.

Sorry mate just realised that was a f**king terrible question!lol. I will be heading back after point B as need to be home late afternoon. Looking forward to it! Cheers, Steff.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Sorry mate just realised that was a f**king terrible question!lol. I will be heading back after point B as need to be home late afternoon. Looking forward to it! Cheers, Steff.

You should be able to make it up to Builth-Wells with us chap...i'd estimate we'd be there by 2pm - 2:30pm at a push.
Looking forward to seeing this trophy of yours!

clio 182 trophy
You should be able to make it up to Builth-Wells with us chap...i'd estimate we'd be there by 2pm - 2:30pm at a push.
Looking forward to seeing this trophy of yours!

I will be doing the whole route mate, just been trying to figure out the best way to get back west on the way home rather than going back to Newport and then down the M4. The best route seems to be A470 or A438 at Abergavenny but my head hurts now.lol.

The Trophy needs a fair bit of work doing mate but not in the financial situation to do it atm. Bit embarrassed about it tbh but I thought f**k it I'm not missing out on some fun due to not having a mint car. I will get things sorted when I can. Looking forward to meeting you and everyone else! Hopefully we get some luck with the weather! Fingers crossed!

clio sport 172
Hi guys
is there a mob number I could have, I got a 130 mile drive down
Just incase I can't find you guys cheers

Im gonna have to miss this meet unfortunately. By the time I'd seen your reply coops I'd already thought I'd missed my chance and gone out shopping with the wife. :(
I'd really like to go out for a drive with the club. If anyone would fancy it we could do a meet in 2 or 3 weeks time. Even if it's a mini meet with less cars and shorter drive it don't matter. :p

Hope your all having good time and weather ain't hampering day too much.