ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Next Generation Consoles

AK

M240i
Yeah that link said they don't think there will be a solution released for the mic until early 2014.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah that link said they don't think there will be a solution released for the mic until early 2014.

"The Wireless Controller has been redesigned to allow for higher data transfer speed between the controller and the console. This also required creating a new expansion port design for headsets and future controller add-on devices which is different from a standard audio plug input."

That basically translates to "We want more money so will develop an adapter which will cost us peanuts but cost the consumer around £30."

:dapprove:

AK

M240i
Yep.

I'm confused though. Looking at pictures of the controllers I can't see any other ports apart from what looks like an HDMI port on the bottom and top.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yep.

I'm confused though. Looking at pictures of the controllers I can't see any other ports apart from what looks like an HDMI port on the bottom and top.

That's probably what it'll use? Just need a HDMI style adapter to suit the standard jack on the headphones.

Farce.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Just received a dispatch email off ShopTo for my XBO.

They have a habit of dispatching early don't they?

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
No chance with this though mate. Will definitely be Friday so don't get your hopes up!

Yeah, can always hope though...

The email is actually a little odd looking (I'd have expected more detail), may be it was sent by accident.

Screen Shot 2013-11-15 at 14.48.34.png

Ph 1 172
If I remember rightly they sent out dispatch notices for gta5 a week early as well, the reason being is that they had so many orders they dispatch them to the company who deliver who then sit on the stock until release day when they are allowed to deliver them. Pretty sure they did this

AK

M240i
I got a dispatch e-mail from Game, however it says on it it's only been moved to the courier, won't be delivered till release day.

Evo 5 RS
I enjoyed The Last Of Us, but IMO it wasn't as good as critics made out. More of a cinematic movie rather than pushing you to do anything. It never got any harder and there were times when you were just wandering around doing nothing, actually hoping for a bit of change or there to be enemies in certain rooms. Atmospherically it was great and the story telling was sensational. But I felt a little let down overall.

Uncharted 2, on the other hand... best single player game I've played.

Did you try playing Last of Us on the hardest setting lol? There were certain openings where you'd be wondering that would drag out, but I guess that's all part of living in a dying world. I'll admit I wasn't really that bothered about replaying it. Although wasn't there some DLC coming out? Not sure if that has seen the light of day yet.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I borrowed my bro's PS3 to play the last of us - the only game I've ever played through on a PS3.

It was well worth playing but yeah I didn't have a desire to play it again - I thought the ending was weak!

Reminded me of playing Half-Life 2 for the first time weirdly.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Doh!

https://help.ea.com/article/sony-playstation-4-update-1-5-instability

Sony has released a firmware update for the PlayStation 4 that is required for many features on the console. However, this update also results in stability issues while playing games on the system.

This affects all games on the PS4, including EA titles, causing crashing/freezing and non-responsive connections between the player's console and their TV Screen.

Unfortunately since it's an issue with Sony's firmware, it requires a new update to fix it. Sony is working to resolve the issue as quickly as they can. They will update their System Update page as new versions are made available, and we will keep this page updated as we find out more.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
as long as it is sorted by the 29th ( which it will be ) then it really doesn't bother me and am quite happy the Americans are the guinea pigs:p I expect the same thing to happen next week when the 720 is released tbh...

In other news anybody else see this r****d:eek: could of just given the money to charity etc rather than being an attention seeking prick:dead:

Last edited by a moderator:
  UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Another PS4 review:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/11/playstation-4-hardware-review-off-to-a-mixed-start/

The good
Beautiful, unique case design
Relatively quiet operating noise
Lighting, smoke effects, and character models look great
DualShock 4 controller is one of the best we've ever used
Stream game audio to any headset through the controller
What's New section provides a look at friends' activities
Automatic download of system and game updates
Great new PlayStation Store interface
Streaming gameplay online is easy and addictive
Local Vita Remote play works surprisingly well

The bad
Relatively high power consumption
Leap in graphics doesn't provide the "wow factor" of previous generational jumps
Controller only gets about 7 hours of battery life
Flat system interface gets cluttered and hard to use
Limited editing and upload options for gameplay clips
Music Unlimited is clunky, and the only way to get outside music

The ugly
Camera-based voice commands are practically useless
iOS PlayStation App seems of limited use
Bluetooth headsets don't work, for some reason

The Verdict: Wait for the Xbox One review to compare and contrast.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I think most tech sites are saying wait to see what the Xbox One does before deciding, which tbd, is good advice surely?

The lack of "wow factor" from the graphics was a predictable outcome? Was the same last ten tbh. Takes a couple of years before the "leaps" in these areas.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Lots of people saying the ps4 controller is very good though, all those controller haters take note!

Mini JCW
More reviews on the PS4 :

http://www.engadget.com/2013/11/14/sony-playstation-4-review/

After a marathon week with the PlayStation 4, we feel confident in saying it will be worth your hard-earned money when it goes on sale tomorrow. For $400, you're getting a speedy, powerful little PC with an extremely friendly user interface -- and it doesn't look like a PC, which is a nice bonus. We may not review game consoles every day, but we know a good one when we see it. This is just the beginning with PlayStation 4, and it's a hell of a start.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/11/15/5106888/sony-playstation-4-review

Sony PlayStation 4

GOOD STUFF

• Fantastic controller
  • Handsome console
  • Simple, game-focused interface

BAD STUFF

• Not enough great games yet
  • Occasional worrisome performance problems
  • Interface doesn't scale well for power users

http://reviews.cnet.com/ps4/

The PlayStation 4 is a worthy successor to the PlayStation 3, but like most launch consoles, there's a ton of promise for the future and not a whole lot to write home about out of the gate.

So it seems so far the good points are :

- Power
- Controller
- Vita integration

Bad :

- Weak launch titles
- Lack of DLNA / MP3 playback
- Large 1.5 update required immediately
- Runs very warm - verging on hot

It'll be interesting to see how the XBOne stacks up in comparision - i'd expect a stronger score / reception from critics due to a much stronger roster of launch titles.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
One of the other reasons Playstation p*ssed me off, everytime I turned the dam thing on it needed an update, as did any games I played.

Ph 1 172
One of the other reasons Playstation p*ssed me off, everytime I turned the dam thing on it needed an update, as did any games I played.

This is I think I was downloading updates more than I was playing hence why I'll always stick with xbox

AK

M240i
Wow.

I currently have, on my coffee table in front of me as I type this, a dead console with a stack of half a dozen launch games, a PlayStation Plus subscription card, a PS4 camera, and two Dualshock 4's. Without any substantive response from Sony through the launch weekend, I feel that I will have no other choice than to return all of them, and maybe pick up the console again in a year or two once these issues have been resolved. For the sake of both Sony and their customers, let's hope that's something that will come sooner rather than later.

Mini JCW
RE: Controller, while it's been lauded a success, there are bound to be critics out there, you can't please all of the people all of the time...

I wonder just how seamless the XBOne release will be - I expect there to be failures and p*ssed of customers the same (people generally don't post feedback when happy, but will voice their opinion loudly when unhappy).

Does the disparity in RAM put off any XBOne buyers? Or is the fact it's a more well rounded console make up for this fact?

*Edit - A few lads on AVforums have got their PS4s and all working so far :)*

Last edited:
Sounds like these next ten consoles are a load of rubbish really and not a big step up from current gens. If they ever work but the sounds of it!

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I wouldn't be too fussed at reviews on amazon tbh, the failure rate is (as of 11 hours ago) less than 0.4%. If mine turns out to be one of them, I'll get a replacement. No big deal.

On the plus side, less than two weeks to go, cannot wait!

Audi TT 225 Quattro
As above really and said it before as long as its ok by the 29th i'll be happy..... you think the 720 is going to have a flawless launch next week ? It would be good to see some reviews on the 720 but ms have an embargo on the poxy thing till next week..( sounds to me like they are trying to hide something, maybe that 95% of the games are sub hd resolution with 16fps etc:dead:)

Mini JCW
As above really and said it before as long as its ok by the 29th i'll be happy..... you think the 720 is going to have a flawless launch next week ? It would be good to see some reviews on the 720 but ms have an embargo on the poxy thing till next week..( sounds to me like they are trying to hide something, maybe that 95% of the games are sub hd resolution with 16fps etc:dead:)

You realise, as this is seemingly a predominantly XBOne thread (in terms of which console posters have ordered / prefer) - that won't go down well. Lol.

Also have an embargo on the Ryse review until the day before launch :S

Polo + Micra

it's only the FPS4 that has failed at the moment so they'll let that news die down first. (if it ever does) ;)

Audi TT 225 Quattro
You realise, as this is seemingly a predominantly XBOne thread (in terms of which console posters have ordered / prefer) - that won't go down well. Lol.

Also have an embargo on the Ryse review until the day before launch :S

It is a Next generation thread not 720 thread ( although not much next gen about the 720) :p

360 owners know all to well about failure rates, just take a look at this site and it shows that in 2009 they were suffering an avg of nearly 60%... now that is shocking and didn't come down to ps3 levels until last year http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox-fail...ilure-rates-just-generation-comes-to-a-close/ yes the ps3 had its problems but noting like that! And you think the 720 is going to be a bed of roses, personally I doubt it....

I really don't agree on this embargo rubbish from either company as it stinks of them trying to hard something from us consumers:dead: