ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Next Generation Consoles

I'm hoping the X1 is released the first week of November. It wouldn't make sense to launch too close to the PS4.

Apart from GTA, I won't be buying any further games until the new consoles (a first for COD).

Evo 5 RS
lol CPU increment is going to make a guestimated difference of roughly F*ck all %. Not sure why they'd bother telling people.

I'm so blatantly going to end up getting both.

lol CPU increment is going to make a guestimated difference of roughly F*ck all %. Not sure why they'd bother telling people.

I'm so blatantly going to end up getting both.
Because people were believing the stupid rumours regarding yield issues? It seemed to be very important to people when it was a negative....

Evo 5 RS
They had yield issues with the 360 so it's hardly difficult to believe really? Especially if I was to go out and buy an XBO and it crash every 5 minutes. History repeat!

Having an extra 150mhz on the CPU. Literally nobody will notice that. Just saying.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Anyone have any idea where the XBOX One can still be pre-ordered (base package + FIFA)?

Everywhere looks to be out of stock.

DB.

BMW 440i
All I want to order is XBO, Fifa 14 and COD. Can't find that yet, or even just the box + Fifa!

dk

911 GTS Cab
Latest news on the console performance wars

The PlayStation 4 is about 50% faster than the Xbox One, it has been claimed.

The difference in performance between the two next-generation consoles is described as "significant" and "obvious" by 'high-level'
Sources have told Edge that memory reads on PS4 are 40-50% quicker than for Xbox One, with the Sony console's Arithmetic Logic Unit (ALU) reportedly 50% faster than the Xbox One's.

"Xbox One is weaker and it's a pain to use its ESRAM," said one developer.

Microsoft's upcoming system can, however, perform better than PS4 in various ways according to another developer, who explained: "Let's say you are using procedural generation or raytracing via parametric surfaces - that is, using a lot of memory writes and not much texturing or ALU - Xbox One will likely be faster."

Audi TT 225 Quattro
Same type of thing was posted on the shopto board today :

Devs claim PS4 is 'significantly' more powerful than Xbox One

13 Sep, 2013

Yet more news has appeared regarding the hardware battle between the PS4 and the Xbox One, with developers telling Edge Magazine that third party they may choose to base games on the less capable Xbox One hardware as it makes more financial sense.

"It would be totally fine for us to make one version prettier without any political difficulties but it usually doesn't make financial sense," the developer said. "Unless it's a very simple tweak."

Apparently one developer went further, telling Edge that it would be better to "castrate" the PS4 version of a game so as not to upset Microsoft.

Comparing the power between the two machines, Edge's articles reports, "One basic example we were given suggested that without optimisation for either console, a platform-agnostic development build can run at around 30FPS in 1920×1080 on PS4, but it'll run at "20-something" FPS in 1600×900 on Xbox One."

To us it would make sense for the PS4 to have more power, after all Microsoft says that Kinect cost almost as much to develop as the machine itself and Microsoft has to make that money back somewhere.

Xbox One launches in the UK on November 22, followed by the PS4 on November 29.

The edge article :http://www.edge-online.com/news/pow...erences-between-ps4-and-xbox-one-performance/

Last edited:
There was a story like this going around a few weeks ago then the Xbox got a slight speed bump from memory.

I doubt there'll be much difference in the hands of the gamer - both running similar architecture (thanks god Sony did this!) and devs will just tweak games to each consoles strengths.

PS4 for me though - purely for the fact that's where all my friends will be and my existing headphones etc will work with. Oh and for all that enormous extra power :p

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
Just as the ps3 was more powerful than the Xbox 360... yet the 360 almost always out performed it. Swings and roundabouts, the majority of games will be multi-platform anyway so I'd be surprised to see much difference between the consoles at all tbh.

A SHED!
Well the wife has just pre ordered a PS4 for me with KZ4 & Drive for Xmas, the woman's a keeper! lol. Is the ps4 camera worth getting? thinking about get watch dogs too.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Watchdogs delayed until Spring 2014.
The Crew delayed until Spring 2014.
DriveClub for the PS4 now allegedly delayed until Spring 2014.

Only racing launch title will be Forza 5 on the XBOne.

Spring should be good next year... :clown:

Rumors swirling around the net state that DriveClub, one of PlayStation 4′s launch titles has been delayed into 2014.

We’ve sent a mail to Sony on this, but meanwhile, Kotaku has been told by a person familiar with the “goings on at Sony” state it is indeed true.

The rumor first started this today when The Same Coin stated it had heard from an anonymous source that the game had been delayed into spring 2014.

Sony is hosting an event in San Francisco today which includes some of its PS4 launch titles. Originally, DriveClub was part of the lineup, but it was removed due to a scheduling conflict, a Sony representative told Kotaku.

Furthermore, a NeoGAF member has also heard DriveClub was delayed, noting that they trust the source, but since this person is “not working on the game,” they “could be wrong [but] I trust that it isn’t wrong.”

Again, we have contacted Sony ourselves on the matter, and if they get back with us we will let you know; however, when asked by Kotaku, the site was told Sony doesn’t comment on rumor or speculation.

The rumor comes on the heels of Ubisoft moving its racer, The Crew into spring 2014, meaning the only racing title to launch with the new systems between now and speing – that we can think of off the tops of our heads – would be Forza 5 on Xbox One.

dk

911 GTS Cab
FFS, is anyone else losing the excitement of this launch?

im honestly seriously considering cancelling both my consoles.

All it's going to be in 2013 is an expensive box to play all the same games as usual, FIFA, forza, cod, they aren't next gen games, they'll just be slightly better versions of the previous ones.

Also so since experiencing gtav, the game has been moved on!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Im still looking forward to the PS4, BF4 and Kill zone will do me, especially if drive club is delayed (part of my bundle)

Skoda Fabia vRS
anyone ordering Deadrising 3 ?

i love anything to do with zombies but ive not played the other 2 games, it looks good from videos ive seen

1.8 Civic EX
anyone ordering Deadrising 3 ?

i love anything to do with zombies but ive not played the other 2 games, it looks good from videos ive seen

I'll wait till it hits the bargain bin. the others were ok, I just didn't like the way the missions are only available for certain amounts of time, so you spend too much time on one, the others dissapear. The only way to play them again would be to start the whole game again. It's a good idea as it keeps the game moving and induces a certain amount of "panic" into the way the game is played, but just not for me.

Not bothered by the above mentioned delays either tbh. Forza 5 and BF4 will be more than enough to keep me entertained.

Mito Sportiva 135
I would like one 'killer' launch title, nothing there grabbing me from the outset...then there's Titanfall, Project Spark and millions of others coming out in Spring 2014. GTA V and X Com Enemy Within will keep me busy until then though for sure, maybe spend some more time on Dragon's Dogma too.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
What bundles have PS4 people went for and where from? After a quick look on game, a few people were a bit angry as the killzone bundle is apparently NOT a release bundle despite saying 29/11/2013 on the site.