ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Next Generation Consoles

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Did I seriously read in the news about XBO players being banned for swearing in uploaded videos?!? WTF

The 720 is a new console from MS , It was intended to be better than the 360 but seems they f**ked up along the way and it barely better than the 360 let alone next gen;)

I do hope my PS4 is from China, would love to support their booming economy:cool:

What on earth are you talking about?

Monaco 172 Ph2
Did I seriously read in the news about XBO players being banned for swearing in uploaded videos?!? WTF

That doesn't sound as bad as the guy that got banned from twitch for stripping his bird naked while she was p*ssed/out cold using the playroom and cam on PS4 lmao

I've now got CoD on both consoles (all other games I have are different). Tonight I will be testing them side by side.

My mates are now split down the middle, none have bit the bullet yet though.

Last night I played BF4 on the PS4 for 2hrs, then jumped on CoD on the XboxOne, and I must say the Xbox dashboard is stunning in comparison.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I upgraded the TV upstairs yesterday in light of having the XBO, 40" Smart TV 1080P 3D, Forza is awesome on it.

Had a couple of mates round tonight, and messed around for a few hours on the PS4 and XboxOne. Played BF4, CoD on both, and Forza.

There's nothing in it. CoD looks identical.

I'll keep both for exclusives, but I'm leaning towards using the One as my primary/cross platform games as the interface and controller are nicer.

Ghosts could like more real than RL. It would still be utter tripe. Worst shooter I've ever played. Possibly the worst GAME I've ever played.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I don't think the quality of the Xbox bluray playback is as good as my Panasonic bluray player.

Could be my imagination though.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I think the xbox one blu ray playback is pretty shocking! It looks s**t compared to my standard player and stutters like a b**ch.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I can imagine that both the PS4 and XBO blu ray quality will be poor compared to your average standalone player.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I think the xbox one blu ray playback is pretty shocking! It looks s**t compared to my standard player and stutters like a b**ch.
Have you gone into the settings and explicitly set the playback value to 24Hz? Mine stuttered like hell until I did that. It works silky smooth now.

Mini JCW
Have you gone into the settings and explicitly set the playback value to 24Hz? Mine stuttered like hell until I did that. It works silky smooth now.

^ It could also be due to telecine judder / 3:2 pulldown ratio which is impossible to resolve.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I can imagine that both the PS4 and XBO blu ray quality will be poor compared to your average standalone player.
The launch ps3 was widely regarded as one of the best bluray players on the market for years.

and for the record, there's nothing wrong with the picture quality of my xbox one bluray playback, although I was getting some audio out of sync, but I was moving forwards and backwards through scenes, not that that should matter.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
The launch ps3 was widely regarded as one of the best bluray players on the market for years.

and for the record, there's nothing wrong with the picture quality of my xbox one bluray playback, although I was getting some audio out of sync, but I was moving forwards and backwards through scenes, not that that should matter.

That was then, this is now.

Not disputing what you're saying but my £150 Panasonic BD wipes the floor with the quality of XBOX playback. The PS4 may be on par, I've not seen an example so can't say.

Irrelevant anyway as I'd never chose to use my XBOX over my standalone BD.

My heist comparison between the two.

Controller

The DS4 is a HUGE improvement over the DS3. The thumb sticks are better sized, the triggers are a great design and the overall size is nice. However I'm finding I'm continually getting cramp in my hands, only on the PS4. The battery life seems pretty poor, typically I'm charging every 3 days (around 8hrs use).

The One controller has some subtle improvements over the 360, but if there's one change I don't like, it's the LB/RB buttons. They feel too high, and sometimes difficult to fully press. The battery life is incredible (25hrs I've managed), which can easily last me 2 weeks.

Dashboard/OS

The PS4 looks clean, slick and easy to navigate. Switching between the dash and a game is faultless.

The One on the other hand looks like W8, not necessarily a bad thing, and offers some great apps (I've used Skype a few times, and I'm impressed). The OS is intuitive and looks far nicer than the PS4, for an overall experience.

Graphics

Both are stunning. But on identical games, the PS4 is very slightly better, although not by as much as 720/1080p IMO.

I've experienced no dropped frames on either, no stuttering and no tearing.

Sound

I use optical out to my amp for both, and the fact the One doesn't have DD annoys me. I expect this to be updated though.

Blurray

I've watched A Christmas Carroll on both. I couldn't see any noticeable difference between them.

Reliability

Neither console has caused me a problem, apart from the PS4 booting into safe mode after the latest update, and taking 45 mins before I could finally use it again. They are both whisper quiet.

Recording/Streaming

I've tried both. Obviously at present only the PS4 offers Ustream and Twitch streaming, but it's a great feature. I've used it a few times with friends (who don't have a PS4).

The recording feature is similar on both. Double tap the share button on the PS4, or "Xbox record that" on the One, and you've saved the last ~5mins.

Editing is better on the One, but both lack features I'd like to see added (upload to Youtube).

Games

Both have a pretty poor 'next gen' line up barring a few (Forza, Killzone, Ryse).

Which one?

Which would I choose if I had to sell the other? I'd keep the One and sell the PS4.

I don't plan on selling either, as eventually there will be exclusives I want on both.

11134692725_45fc41df18_b.jpg

MK3 GTI golf 16v
Been loving my xbox one so far, loads if good looking games coming out start of next year too

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Yeah first thing I did.

I just don't like the way it does things - I'm happy to stick to my standard blu ray player - it loads faster and is easier to control.

I also had the tv and blu ray calibrated at the same time so I guess I'm seeing a bit of variance there.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Well I finally got the ps4 out of the box, and first impressions of the out of the box experience make me want the ps4 more than the one.

The controller is definitely nicer on the ps4, nicer to hold and had the benefit of a speaker and a touchpad which will hopefully utilised well in games.

Havent got got the same games on both, so can't compare those, but blurays seem better on the ps4 so far, although I got impatient waiting for the transformers dark of the moon to start, seemed to take forever on a black screen, so I used toy story instead.

Love the fact that the ps4 is smaller, lighter, and doesn't have a stupidly big brick of an external power supply.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Looking forward to getting a PS4 alongside the Xbox One in the New Year. I wish I hadn't cancelled my pre-order for the PS4 now (although it would have probably just sat there until the exclusives come along). I really like both consoles, although prefer the Xbox One if I'm being honest, but still struggle with the DualShock controller. It's a great improvement but a decent length gaming session makes my hands ache. With the new PC build coming in January as well 2014 should be a good year for gaming.

Unless people have these set up in their bedrooms, I don't see the size being an issue. The power brick is big, but mine isn't seen by anyone.

dk

911 GTS Cab
It's a pain in the ass to hide though when using an open cabinet.

If they can make the playstation smaller and without an external power brick, makes you wonder what ms are playing at.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
They're just over paranoid about over heating and stuff like on the 360. Maybe with the next model they'll get it right, somewhere in between!