ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Next Meet,BRHC!

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Hi all

After the great turn out of the Caffeine & Machine meet yesterday (24th July) and interest in having another meet.

I have found a different venue.

B ROADS HUNTERS CLUB

located in East Sussex,Same kind of thing like Caffeine & Machine,but this time not an early start as it opens at 10am.

I'am in talks with BRHC,so will confirm on things soon on other little bits of info.

So the date i had in mind was Sunday the 29th of August but,they have a German car meet then.So will have to be a Sat again on the 28th of August and it is a Bank Hol weekend or even could do the Bank Hol Monday & this gives everyone time to clean/do last bits on there cars etc.

So Dates.

SATURDAY the 28th Aug

Or

MONDAY(bank hol) 30th Aug

B Roads Hunters Club is located in Lewes,East Sussex.

Links Below of there website and Instagram.

bowen86

ClioSport Club Member
Would love to come but it's 4hrs each way for me. I don't think I could handle the PMS rattle for that long!

Have a blast guys!

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Im also looking into other more central meets,but i thought this looked like a cool spot & is for car meets.

Other option is Caffeine & Machine again but do the 12pm time.

Please let me know on your thoughts

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Im also looking into other more central meets,but i thought this looked like a cool spot & is for car meets.

Up for C&M again or more central location would be preferable

Clio MK2 ph3 1.6

I reckon 9-12 and 12-3. Was a bit rushed only having 3 hours. Hopefully nobody will Flop out this time and there will be even more french sheds too look at

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Just spoke with BRHC and they have an event booked for the 29th.

But if we go on that Monday we have exclusive access to the bottom parking lot outside the stables for £5 a car.

This may just turn into a region meet being it is a distance away from others & go on a open weekend they do when anyone can turn up,like caffeine.

So watch this space.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
It’s probably a bit far for me mate for the day. Just checked on google and it’s 4hrs 186miles each way. Actually when I say a bit far for me, I mean the clio! God knows what would break in that distance

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
It’s probably a bit far for me mate for the day. Just checked on google and it’s 4hrs 186miles each way. Actually when I say a bit far for me, I mean the clio! God knows what would break in that distance

No worries,thanks for letting me know.

Maybe C&M again as most can do that place👍🏻

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
No worries,thanks for letting me know.

Maybe C&M again as most can do that place👍🏻
Im happy to try somewhere else mate, as nice as C&M are I was a bit pissed with the way they kicked us out. Could’ve asked everyone to move into the belly of the car park and left the front for the posh boys. Regardless, I’m happy to travel within reason as it was still a very enjoyable event.

Simon1975

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup/Meg R26
I'll be up for this was a newer there weekend before last Renaultsport/Alpine meet everyone said it was a great venue

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
Im happy to try somewhere else mate, as nice as C&M are I was a bit pissed with the way they kicked us out. Could’ve asked everyone to move into the belly of the car park and left the front for the posh boys. Regardless, I’m happy to travel within reason as it was still a very enjoyable event.

This is why I’m becoming less of a fan. They swore blind they wouldn’t sell out and do this (that came from one of the owners - he was standing by me when he said it). Money talks.

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
This is why I’m becoming less of a fan. They swore blind they wouldn’t sell out and do this (that came from one of the owners - he was standing by me when he said it). Money talks.
I too am slowly becoming less of a fan. Back when it first started as I was saying to a few on the day, you could rock up pay your £5 and park for as long as you like. Then rona hits and they limit the numbers down to 100 people and double the price. I see no reason now for this booking system but they have as they have just doubled their revenue with the price of a ticket.

The beauty of C&M was the spontaneity.. They have seen it also as with a ticket people are more inclined to attend on bad weather days because they have forked out for the ticket. I went there for about 9-10 am and it was a bloody lovely sunny day and spend 6 hours there with an ever-evolving car park, Ferrari F40 and a Senna all on the same day. One of the best days there now because the people with these cars are like us. Look out the window and think "I'll go for a drive". Now it's pot luck if you'll see anything like that now on the day you've gotten a ticket or if you turn up when a bunch of nobs with french sheds decide to have a day out.

Also that Michelin painting... WTF is that all about? Sold their soul for a quick sponsored payday.. Hopefully, they go back to the old way but sadly I feel they won't.

Sorry, I'll stop moaning now :ROFLMAO:

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
I do agree with all your views on Caffeine,was great at first as could just turn up and free!.then tickets came on but only £5 & could still pay on the gate & never got told to move on after a certain time.

At the moment it just seems a nice central point for most & has other cars to look around.

But i have an idea for the next one & will post up today or later this week on that.