ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nice photo

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

yes .. i have always loved driveways with those patterned bricks too

oh, i thought there was meant to be something sneaky on the artistic merists of the photo or summat like that.

You gonna use A048s for daily use?

and a strut bar secured via the strut top bolts alone is a bit of a waste.

320d M Sport

that looks amazing! How easy was it re. the exhaust? Apparently a few places wont fit the oval magnex the the mk2, is it just a back box?

cheers

Clio 1.6 16V

Tim, the strut brace on mine above is an OMP. I was quite shocked the first time I took it out for a run after fitting. Sounded like I had a aviary full of budgies in the back. Phoned DT who said this is normal and acceptable when normally fitted to a competition car! Anyway after a bit of thought I came up with an idea (does happen occasionaly!). When I removed the strut I found that the inner edges of the brace were rubbing on the inverted cup edge on the top of the turrets. Packed loads of copperslip inside the brace ends and refitted. Never had a squeek since. Hope this works for you.

Revels Mum & Sister

Hehe Anchoring point for the Shopping so it doesnt slide about!!

BenR I am here woo hooo Lovely weather!!

Renault Laguna Coupe

FS - yes I clean inside the exhaust - I am a stickler for personal hygiene ;)

Tim - Mine squeaked like hell - drove me crazy after a while. So I removed it and wrapped the tops of the suspension turrets in some of that tough fabric tape - just enough to make the Strut Brace fit nice and snug. No squeaks now.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 02 June 2003

and a strut bar secured via the strut top bolts alone is a bit of a waste.
The k-tek brace is cleverly designed. At the ends of the brace are cup-shaped parts which slide over the top of the suspension turrets. They fit really snugly. So while the top bolts secure the brace its also the turrets that take the lateral forces.

I wonder - does the strutbrace make a noticeable difference in use though, and do you have a lower brace fitted as well?

Or is it just a shiny thing to attach your shopping bags to as hype posted ;)

172 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by paddymph on 02 June 2003

that looks amazing! How easy was it re. the exhaust? Apparently a few places wont fit the oval magnex the the mk2, is it just a back box?

cheers
I received the new Magnex catalogue through the post last week with a note attached to say that the magnex range now officially fit the mk2 172.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by evilowl on 03 June 2003

I wonder - does the strutbrace make a noticeable difference in use though, and do you have a lower brace fitted as well?

Dont be daft owly, anyone can see that it gives 25bhp and oodles more torque, also makes you more attractive to the opposite sex ;)

Actually mine has made a difference to the back of the car, not sure what yet - need to get it on a track, but a Clio at the rear is just a big box, with nothing to secure the tops of the struts. Keeping the turrets a uniform distance apart has got to be a good thing.

But even better than that...... the rear of the car is now a rattle-free zone, even over big bumps.

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 03 June 2003

Quote: Originally posted by evilowl on 03 June 2003

Dont be daft owly, anyone can see that it gives 25bhp and oodles more torque, also makes you more attractive to the opposite sex ;)

Actually mine has made a difference to the back of the car, not sure what yet - need to get it on a track, but a Clio at the rear is just a big box, with nothing to secure the tops of the struts. Keeping the turrets a uniform distance apart has got to be a good thing.

But even better than that...... the rear of the car is now a rattle-free zone, even over big bumps.
**chortle** I was told a simple Max Power sticker added 25BHP - sod the 100 odd quid for the strut brace :)

Still as I get older Im finding it harder to keep things stiff <cough, cough, ahem>, so a strut brace might be just what I need LMAO :)

Renault Laguna Coupe

LOL, but unfortunately k-tek only do the rear stiffy at the moment, theyre still designing the front stiffy :p