ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nice tapping comming from under bonnet.

172 Cup
It's a constant tapping. I have to have the window open and the radio turned off but it can be clearly heard. Car's at 50k miles and hasn't had the timing belt changed. Performance doesn't seem to be effected. Thought it might be the tappits but I'm not sure. Theres enough oil in the engine as well. Has anyone had the same problem or have any idea what it could be?

iv got the same noise on mine and iv had the cambelt done and had a new set of valves put in the engine, was just wondering what the carbon canister was?

172 Cup
I read your thread Graham but I'm not sure if my carbon canister is at fault. I don't really want to start cutting pipes incase I want to put it back on. Also, how would the carbon canister cause a tapping sound?

M

monkeyman103

I had this problem and turned out to be the hydraulic valves (tappits). A couple had seized and buggered the cams as well. Have just had a whole new cylinder heard put on at a cost of £1500. Luckily renault covered this on warranty. Was good as got a new cambelt and aux belt out of it as it needs to be done when it comes out.

172 Cup
Piss. I hope it's not going to cost £1500 to fix. I asume the tappits can just be replaced aswell?