ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nick172Cup's Arctic Blue Clio 182 FF Comfy Daily/Trackcar.

Awesome.
It is a very stiff setup but love it. So much more grip than cup packed dampers I feel. I want to get them unpinned by Mark Fish sometime so I can adjust them as I will be using mine of track etc.
I would say come for a ride but your a little way from me!

Wish i could get a ride in, lol

Think it might be as stiff as my 200 cup, but i have no problem with the ride, so if its anything like that id be happy.

Getting fed up of trying to decide what coilovers, even though there arent that many for cup pack, so this looks like its the setup to go for! Sachs or koni rears is the question!

ph1 172
Wish i could get a ride in, lol

Think it might be as stiff as my 200 cup, but i have no problem with the ride, so if its anything like that id be happy.

Getting fed up of trying to decide what coilovers, even though there arent that many for cup pack, so this looks like its the setup to go for! Sachs or koni rears is the question!

Come on down and grab a ride!
I would eventually go for the Koni rears I think as the rear Sachs are fairly soft in relation to the fronts.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Yup, the rear Sachs are pretty soft in comparison, hence the addition of the Whiteline is such a good mod on the Trophy - really helps tighten up the rear. In addition, if you have rear adjustables, you can also start to play with the damping on the front to suit your own handling preferences that little bit more ...

Yeah I think there'll be a gap that emerges been the two 'heavys' (yours and Ollies) and the lightweights (Dave and I) but it'll be fun none the less

You forget Nick, the Trophy was glued to Ollie's Mondial blue rear bumper all the way round Bedford on our last outing ;) So the only difference in speed between all the cars on a trackday is whose running R888's really, other than that, they're all very similar. Think you'll be quite surprised at how quick you can peddle the 'full-fat' around a track ...

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Agreed. Unless mine gains a 20bhp power hike then I don't think there'll be a huge amount of difference between us again this year. I might have inherited Nicks Cup's girth (ooh err) but I definitely haven't got its grunt....:dapprove:

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Agreed. Unless mine gains a 20bhp power hike then I don't think there'll be a huge amount of difference between us again this year. I might have inherited Nicks Cup's girth (ooh err) but I definitely haven't got its grunt....:dapprove:

I thought yours is fairly decent in the high 170s? Nick's Cup did have a great engine though making 180 before the RS2.

Started collecting bits for the 182's full suspension refresh... ;)

IMG_0433.jpg

Trophy Sachs front dampers and Eibach camber bolts. The sachs need a rebuild but they'll be sent off at payday to BG motorsport to be refreshed and depinned, also collecting a brand new set of Koni adjustable rears off Sir_Dave tomorrow. So half way there with regards to the parts, will gradually have the rest by the end of March if things go to plan.

All thats needed now...

Pure Motorsport topmount and strut brace set
Whiteline Rear ARB
Springs - Got a set of standard Trophy springs coming but still undecided on what setup to go for having ask a few other trophy owners.
Powerflex poly front ARB bushes
New track rods and arms
New lower arms and balljoints

Should feel nice and tight once ive done that, got to be better than the current fudged dampers all round! :dead: Think the trackdays will be pushed back to June/Julyish so that i'm 100% happy its ready to be given a hard time around various UK circuits!

Cheers
Nick

ph1 172
Sounds great!

I can tell you now that it will feel as tight as a ducks arse;) Pretty much the same as my setup as you know and the steering is a pin sharp dream.

What tracks will you be going to once complete?

Sounds great!

I can tell you now that it will feel as tight as a ducks arse;) Pretty much the same as my setup as you know and the steering is a pin sharp dream.

What tracks will you be going to once complete?

I like a very playful setup so should be rather good! :)

Once its done i'll be looking to do Brands Hatch, Donnington and Bedford this year, see how we get on after that! Should be a good start for th first year back in a clio!

ph1 172
Oh it is a joy:)

I will keep an eye on when you go to Bedford later on in the year as that's not far from me and I am sure myself and a couple of others from EA will come

Koni rears are a good idea, I promise you, this setup up is immensely fun once tweaked with.

Just what im after dude, not too fussed about being properly quick but want lots of fun and for the car to keep me on my toes! ;)

Oh it is a joy:)

I will keep an eye on when you go to Bedford later on in the year as that's not far from me and I am sure myself and a couple of others from EA will come

Indeed will give you a shout! :)