ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nintendo Switch

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Oh and yeah he's never off rocket league!

Hot wheels unleashed is a new favourite as of course is mario kart 8

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
If you are in the market for a new switch then deffo get the OLED.
Cheers. It's what I think we've decided on tbh.
Start with the basic minecraft. You can always buy the others in due course if he gets into it.
I’ve got all of these games and my son loves rocket league which is free!
Will do. I had RL on the PlayStation and it seemed alright tbh.
For a 6 year old I would only get a switch lite.

Our 7 year old loves his.

Me and Laura will probably play on it too tbh. I think the full one is probably best so at least he can take the handheld part to his room if he wants half hour peace from his sister. It'll live in the living room when connected to the TV.
He's played Mario Kart on his friends with the wheels and he liked it. He still playes wthe Wii when he goes to his grandparents on the carnival game which I've seen you can get for this. Seems to be a decent selection tbh.

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
He still playes wthe Wii when he goes to his grandparents on the carnival game which I've seen you can get for this. Seems to be a decent selection tbh.
Think that’s Mario Party. It’s a fun one for the family to play.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
The wife picked up the OLED one today from Smyth's toys. Seemed to be selling out pretty quick so didn't want to risk missing out on one.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I bought a Switch for the missus for her birthday but our son plays it most of the time.

Had a 5 hour round trip with him the other day so offered to buy him a new game... but he actually declined as all he wants to play is Untitled Goose Game! Which is f**king funny to be fair.

He's turning 5 next week. Missus reckons he's too young for Minecraft. Any CS opinions on that one?

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
I bought a Switch for the missus for her birthday but our son plays it most of the time.

Had a 5 hour round trip with him the other day so offered to buy him a new game... but he actually declined as all he wants to play is Untitled Goose Game! Which is f**king funny to be fair.

He's turning 5 next week. Missus reckons he's too young for Minecraft. Any CS opinions on that one?
5 is a little young but with practice he’ll be able to do something with it. Mario Kart, Mario party would be good. Even something like Mario tennis is a little hard as the timing needs to be spot on.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I recommended Crash Racing or Sonic Racing but he wasn't interested which is mad considering he's crazy about cars! I have Mario Maker but not yet be interested in playing it.

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Got my Switch yesterday. Tony Hawk Pro Skater is awesome (proper nostalgia trip) and also loving Rocket League on it. Mega impressed with it so far.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Got my Switch yesterday. Tony Hawk Pro Skater is awesome (proper nostalgia trip) and also loving Rocket League on it. Mega impressed with it so far.
Didn't know Tony Hawks was on it. I'll have to have a look at that.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Picked up one of the OLED ones today for my 5 year olds Christmas present. Now I just need to figure out what games to get. Does anyone do the online thing too? Looks like a bunch of free games but not sure if they're any good other than for the nostalgia trip.

Be interested to know if it gets hot while docked too as it's looking like it's going to be better off in the cupboard part of the TV stand because the Xbox and TiVo box takes up any free space already.

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
Picked up one of the OLED ones today for my 5 year olds Christmas present. Now I just need to figure out what games to get. Does anyone do the online thing too? Looks like a bunch of free games but not sure if they're any good other than for the nostalgia trip.

Be interested to know if it gets hot while docked too as it's looking like it's going to be better off in the cupboard part of the TV stand because the Xbox and TiVo box takes up any free space already.
We’ve got the normal switch and it doesn’t get particularly hot. Wouldn’t recommend locking it away for too long though.
In terms of game, for a 5 year old, I’d stick to the simple ones like Mario kart, or Mario party. There are some particularly child friendly ones like paw patrol etc

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I think we're going to get Joseph Mario Kart and a Lego game, probably the Jurassic park one. Possibly also get him the Monopoly/Risk game too as he loves Monopoly.
He then can get himself another game with his Christmas money if he wants.

Ours will be stood next to the sky box when it's used with the TV.
IMG_20211120_124731.jpg

I imagine he'll be using it handed most of the time though

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah was looking at those games definitely get mario kart. Was tempted by burnout remastered too as I'm pretty sure my son would love that and it's only £15. He likes the marvel Lego games on xbox so might see what other Lego games there are similar to them.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63

Where did you manage to get yours from? Pre-order?

Only place I e managed to secure one is Very.co.uk for delivery on/before Dec 20th. Saying that I only started looking last week.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Where did you manage to get yours from? Pre-order?

Only place I e managed to secure one is Very.co.uk for delivery on/before Dec 20th. Saying that I only started looking last week.

The Nintendo store mate they got stock recently but unfortunately sold out now. They did manage to keep stock for about 2 days mind so must have had quite a few units and they were limiting 1 per buyer which is nice.

Im struggling to find decent cases for it as it's slightly bigger than the normal switch so if anyone has an oled with a case I'd be interested what ones are good.

Starting to wonder if I would have just been better off with the lite to be honest.

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
The Nintendo store mate they got stock recently but unfortunately sold out now. They did manage to keep stock for about 2 days mind so must have had quite a few units and they were limiting 1 per buyer which is nice.

Im struggling to find decent cases for it as it's slightly bigger than the normal switch so if anyone has an oled with a case I'd be interested what ones are good.

Starting to wonder if I would have just been better off with the lite to be honest.
The lite is a far inferior console as it’s a solely single player device. You’ve gone for the more flexible, better option with better re-sale value.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
The lite is a far inferior console as it’s a solely single player device. You’ve gone for the more flexible, better option with better re-sale value.

Yeah true I just think it'll be used portable 99% of the time and the smaller size would suit a child more but I'll likely stick with the oled one now. Resale should be good yeah so if it never gets used docked and say a Lite oled comes out the option to swap is always there I guess.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Anyone looking forward to the New Zelda game next month?
If its anything like Breath of The Wild then it will be pretty good!

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182

Tempted by it but going to wait for some reviews.
Initially it was just going to be an expansion pack for bow, don’t fancy spending £60 if they’ve not added much.

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
It reminds me of Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask. Same game different story. Both were mega in their own right. I’m pretty sure this one will be epic.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Tempted by it but going to wait for some reviews.
Initially it was just going to be an expansion pack for bow, don’t fancy spending £60 if they’ve not added much.

Ye I know what you mean, I think it's more than just an expansion now though with a whole storyline to follow etc.
I have only recently picked BOTW back up as i got stuck in 2019 on a boss and never picked it up since. Skip to friday last week and I beat the boss now so working through other quests etc.

want to get it finished before new one comes out.
It reminds me of Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask. Same game different story. Both were mega in their own right. I’m pretty sure this one will be epic.

I still feel Ocarina of Time is one of the best games I've ever played. For its time it was incredible
Majoras Mask was great too but really hard!

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
Ye I know what you mean, I think it's more than just an expansion now though with a whole storyline to follow etc.
I have only recently picked BOTW back up as i got stuck in 2019 on a boss and never picked it up since. Skip to friday last week and I beat the boss now so working through other quests etc.

want to get it finished before new one comes out.

I still feel Ocarina of Time is one of the best games I've ever played. For its time it was incredible
Majoras Mask was great too but really hard!
If you like ocarina. The 3ds version is amazing.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I'm considering buying a used OLED switch, is there anything I need to look out for with them?

Or just check theres no damage to the screen, check for stick drift (I presume I can do a button test in settings and I'd see drift) and that's it?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure what to look out for but I'm sure I read that Nintendo are doing any stick drift replacement for free, even if out of warranty. Might only apply to the original purchaser though.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Well nevermind, I think the one I was gonna buy was a scam. I said can I collect this evening, he said the location is wrong and is actually in another town that is way closer to me. When I said perfect, I'll be there at 6, he said he's not available for collection 😂

Any decent offers on new ones?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
The hype, mainly at work, for Zelda got too much so picked a switch up last night at Smyths.

Played about 4 hours so far, really enjoying it. I'm really getting into open world these days so this fits the bill perfectly for me. Nintendo controls are s**t though, I guess they can be mapped to the correct buttons but then I presume any on screen prompts would be wrong.

I also regret not picking up a proper controller, tempted to nip out for one today.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone still playing their Switch?

I played a lot of TOTK but then got stuck on a couple of bits in summer and the Switch sat unused for months. Then at christmas I got Mario Wonder which is a cool game, I think it's pretty hard though 🤣

This is nerdy but I played the Another Code demo the other week and absolutely loved it, have bought that to play on holiday next week. I reckon it might be one of those games that becomes collectible too as it won't sell well imo.

Finally tried the Mario vs DK demo yesterday, that was a great little game. Tempted to buy that too.

Just a shame every game is RRP on the switch, but it is nice owning physical games.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Anyone still playing their Switch?

I played a lot of TOTK but then got stuck on a couple of bits in summer and the Switch sat unused for months. Then at christmas I got Mario Wonder which is a cool game, I think it's pretty hard though 🤣

This is nerdy but I played the Another Code demo the other week and absolutely loved it, have bought that to play on holiday next week. I reckon it might be one of those games that becomes collectible too as it won't sell well imo.

Finally tried the Mario vs DK demo yesterday, that was a great little game. Tempted to buy that too.

Just a shame every game is RRP on the switch, but it is nice owning physical games.
I ALWAYS look up a game I want on CDKeys or another 'keys' website.

Ive lost count the number of times ive found games at better than half price.

Like Civ - that was £50 odd on the store with the packs. Found it online for £13 including the packs. Bargain!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I ALWAYS look up a game I want on CDKeys or another 'keys' website.

Ive lost count the number of times ive found games at better than half price.

Like Civ - that was £50 odd on the store with the packs. Found it online for £13 including the packs. Bargain!
Thing is with Nintendo games, if you buy physical they tend to keep their value. Especially Nintendo titles.

But yeh, I do that for other consoles for sure!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
ha.....ha.......definitely havent been buying most of my games digitally....ha....

View attachment 1678648
Haha, the Switch is (potentially) the last console where physical makes sense. Since the games work without ever seeing the internet. Most games on PS5/XSX now need content downloading in addition to the disc, the disc might not even have anything on it but the license I'm not sure.

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
Still play mine daily - most used console in the house. There's a lot of folk who moan they're overpriced and should be cheaper by now. I think people just don't get them. Everything holds its value if you ever want to re-sell.

Nintendo continue to nail a niche market. Yes the graphics/power aren't as good as other companies offerings but that's not what they're about.

Have you played Mario Odyssey @jenic?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Still play mine daily - most used console in the house. There's a lot of folk who moan they're overpriced and should be cheaper by now. I think people just don't get them. Everything holds its value if you ever want to re-sell.

Nintendo continue to nail a niche market. Yes the graphics/power aren't as good as other companies offerings but that's not what they're about.

Have you played Mario Odyssey @jenic?
No I haven't, it's on the list but I have games coming out of my ears right now so resisting buying that too!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
My Missus completed Mario Wonder a couple of weeks back, started around Christmas time. A few side things she will still do for 100% but done most of it. We will buy DK game next, could be fun!

Luca has also enjoyed it, he's six and doesn't get technology really so it's been nice introduction with mario kart and mario wonder. Really enjoy the 2 player aspect, so much better than him sitting himself playing.

Looking for some other games soon but enjoying all the ones so far. Will get online myself at some and play the old n64 games etc!