ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nintendo Switch

Honda. Tesla Someday
I like it, good video. Some bits you could have slowed down a bit but the whole production of the video is spot on. Maybe show a bit more of the in game action would have helped.

I want to play Zelda.

Can't show gameplay I'm afraid. Nintendo has been killing people's YouTube channels for that.

You can only show footage of a Nintendo game if you agree for Nintendo to take all revenue and ownership of your entire video, they then "whitelist" your channel. Some other bigger YouTubers have agreements with Nintendo and are white listed. Everyone else, including me I'm afraid are just sh!t out of luck lol

Thanks for the feedback though, I really appreciate it. This was my comeback video to YouTube after being sick, so wanted to make it a good one!

Clio
Post it again, the editing is superb. Your conclusion is inconclusive though. Post it in the Vlog thread as well.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Post it again, the editing is superb. Your conclusion is inconclusive though. Post it in the Vlog thread as well.

I won't argue with that! If anybody complains I can blame you saying I was pressured in to it and claim that peer pressure won!!! Thank you! lol

Honda. Tesla Someday
I won't argue with that! If anybody complains I can blame you saying I was pressured in to it and claim that peer pressure won!!! Thank you! lol

Edit: thanks for what you said about the editing, i did actually try :smile: - nice to get comments like that. Appreciated!!

Edit 2 (lack of sleep does this!): it was somewhat inconclusive I guess, but I did want to get the point across that it is overpriced for what it is, however there isn't much else that can compare so if you are comfortable with the cons then it can still be a worthy purchase.

Honestly, I am kinda torn. But the video was called "Honest Unbiased review" so I didn't want to lie and make it 100% conclusive just for the sake of it.

Edit 3: ooook so this somehow went on as a response to myself?! This was to Mace by the way.

Clio
I'd like one, just for the fact we are away in a caravan a couple of times this year and would be good for me and little one. I can't justify that sort of money for what it is at the moment. Sub £200 I'd probably get one, play Zelda and then would end up as a novelty thing to take on holiday i expect.

Yaris Hybrid
I got one for Zelda as I'm a big fan of the series.

Honestly wasn't worth the nigh on £400 it cost for the system, essential (IMO) but extortionately priced Pro Controller, essential Screen Protectors (due to cheap screen and lazy design of dock) plus the rip off price of the game itself.

I'm not seeing where this hype over Zelda is coming from. I've played and completed most of the Zelda games and also extensively played many open world and survival type titles. For me I find that Breath of the Wild is just a bunch of Zelda tropes combined with features that I've seen in a countless other titles. People are w**king off over weapon durability and cooking but Minecraft waves and says hi. Towers are basically from every Ubisoft game released in the last 10 years.

I think Mace is right in that at £200 it would be more reasonable. Plus £30 for the game. It should be promoted as their new combined handheld/home console in one. Emphasised as being the 3DS replacement. Also given that no bugger had a Wii U to play stuff like Mario 3D World, why the hell didn't Nintendo have a 1080p port ready for Switch launch as they have with Mario Kart (and that's a month late)? They could outsource the conversion if they lack the resources. Utter failure.

Also if it actually functioned as tablet it would sell like hot cakes. I'm always going to carry my iPad to a hotel over a Switch but if it could do the job of both...

It's basically an NVIDIA Shield TV with a budget screen that scratches easily. The latest Shield supports 4K HDR streaming and costs about £180 with a really good joypad and a remote control that must be equivalent in cost to the Switch controllers. I've seen the 16GB model go for £100 on Amazon in the past. So for me £280 for the Switch is a freaking joke.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Mace and Toypop I shall reply once I have a proper keyboard in front of me. Typing a response on my iPhone will lead me to a quick exit out the window lol

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Any feedback regarding the video is very welcome.
Good video, mate. You're a lot more 'natural' in the delivery now and it's clear you've got the knack (along with much better editing and composition). I enjoyed watching this and found it easy to sit through... which might sound a bit strange but some reviewers can immediately grind your gears hence you stop watching! Good job. You just need to polish your 'branding' in terms of the intro / outro so that it matches the quality of the review ;) :p

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
Each time I read Mace's reply I assume he is being sarcastic.... I cant take you seriously...

Are you being genuinely nice LOL.

Clio
Each time I read Mace's reply I assume he is being sarcastic.... I cant take you seriously...

Are you being genuinely nice LOL.
Yep. It was originally DeeKays unboxing videos. I didn't ever think I'd sit for 15 minutes plus watching someone get so excited over opening a box. But I did.

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
Yep. It was originally DeeKays unboxing videos. I didn't ever think I'd sit for 15 minutes plus watching someone get so excited over opening a box. But I did.

Still think you're being sarcastic... I don't think I'll ever take you seriously ha.

Goood video deekay btw. Swinging towards getting one when been out a while with a few more titles

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
Amazon had stock coming in 31.03.2017.
All of those have now sold out before they have even come in.

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
Are they ever going to stock these again ha. Just says out of stock everywhere.

Apparently they only released a small amount and want to filter them into the market slowly? I think they are just stupid and didn't make enough after the Wii U didn't do too well.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
As long as I can get one for my daughters birthday in June I'll be happy. Should be some more games available by then too.

Zelda
Mario Kart
Splatoon 2
Ultimate Streetfighter

They will do me nicely [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
As long as I can get one for my daughters birthday in June I'll be happy. Should be some more games available by then too.
I'm in the same boat. The wee man's birthday is end of June so hopefully have one by then. Will order it from Nintendo at the weekend so should (fingers crossed) receive it around May time.

Yaris Hybrid
I'm on the verge of selling mine. It hasn't been turned on in a week and I've been playing Horizon Zero Dawn instead....plus there is a big WoW patch today.

Zelda just couldn't hold my attention and I've already done MK to death on Wii U so it has nothing to offer me. A Mario title that might slip past Xmas....? How much was Breath of the Wild delayed? Where are the other big titles? Yoshi? Star Fox? FZERO? Metroid? Nah, might as well flog it and perhaps re-evaluate at a later date. If it is a commercial disaster then I am laughing, if it is a success then they will surely release a "New" or "XL" Switch at some point with the flaws ironed out and some upgrades.

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
Emailed Amazon to ask where stock was.. they said oh now you have expressed interest we will chaser the supplier.
I email back saying I expressed interest when I made the f***ing purchase! Paid with gift cards.
Then don't get an email back but one saying its dispatched!

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
Arrived Wednesday but unboxed last night. As a whole it feels solid and well built. The screen is a decent size and the controllers slipped on the sides nicely.
The stand he sits in holds it nicely (got a screen protector on it already). the cables go in the back and have a nice pouch style container which hides them away nicely also. Impressed so far, charged last night and should play some Zelda tonight! Buzzing.

Yaris Hybrid
Meh another complaint I have is the headphone amplification. My tablets and phones can power on-ear headphones like Sennheiser Momentum on-ears that are like 18ohm. Obviously I wouldn't expect portable devices to handle 50ohm+ over ear headphones but even my old iPod Nano which is titchy can power 18ohm headphones and still sound really good and something like my iPad sounds awesome with them.

Yet the Switch can't hack it. It can only do those nasty bud types that even with expensive models don't give me sound I'd get out of bed for.

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
Really enjoy Zelda, took a while to get used to the controls but overall massively impressed.

Only used it as a separate unit and not on a tv yet. Cant wait for more games to be released.

Clio 182, EvoX FQ360
I've just completed Zelda around an hour ago. Good game but poor that you can't carry on after the end battle. I wanted to try and get to all of the shrines etc... That does seem a bit lame.

Great game though, I enjoyed the many hours of wasted life! :D

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
I've just completed Zelda around an hour ago. Good game but poor that you can't carry on after the end battle. I wanted to try and get to all of the shrines etc... That does seem a bit lame.

Great game though, I enjoyed the many hours of wasted life! :smiley:

Note to self... don't do last battle then ha. Seems silly!!

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
So we bought our wee boy a Switch for his birthday at the end of the month. Still a hard thing to come by in the shops. I got the last one in our local ASDA. Got him Mario Kart 8 and some Lego game to go with it. As he's only 6 I'm not sure if Zelda is for him.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I'd buy a console with it personally, probably be more fun :wink:

My mate is a big Zelda fan and was surprised he got rid of it, said it was boring.
Lol. Not good news. I'll probably get one when they're sub-£200.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I think his main gripe was his left joy con was all over the place, he'd get to the top of a building/mountain and the fucker would fall off because the stick carried on walking!

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
If you dont already have a Wii U I'd say its worth it for Mario kart 8 alone. So much fun to be had on both local multiplayer and online multiplayer.

Not got Zelda yet as I think our little one is still too young for it (6 years old).

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
Zelda I find is a bit boring.
There is no guidance really and I find that you go walking and then you are faced by enemies who are miles too strong. Got a bid fed up now. Mario kart is alright.

Looking forward to Mario though.