ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nintendo Switch

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
The wee man got Splatoon 2 from his Nana which we've been a lot of since. Its a really simple game but its class. Bought the Pro controller also (Splatoon one obviously) and it does make a big difference.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Think I’m going to have to get one for Mario. Looks amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Think i need to convince the kids they want one for Christmas [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Help if anyone can please! Has anyone seen any good deals on the switch? I'm not sure what's considered good!

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Little bump on this thread. Anyone else looking forward to this game coming out? Pure nostalgia! Zelda Links awakening.

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
My Switch is now my most used console. Love the thing. So much so I've also just bought a Switch Lite after making a profit on some of my retro stuff (I buy and sell for a hobby).

Little bump on this thread. Anyone else looking forward to this game coming out? Pure nostalgia! Zelda Links awakening.

Put a fair few hours into this this week - the nostalgia is unreal. Spent hours on it on my Gameboy as a kid.
Superb remake!

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
It's a great game. A bit too easy though after playing it before as a kid.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Has anyone got a Switch Lite? Thoughts? Looking to get a Switch of some description shortly.

Clio 182
Been looking at these for ages, finally bought the bundle Currys are doing for £280 which I thought was pretty good. Comes with the new Pokemon game, not really my thing but sure it will sell on pretty well.

Suzuki Jimny
Been looking at these for ages, finally bought the bundle Currys are doing for £280 which I thought was pretty good. Comes with the new Pokemon game, not really my thing but sure it will sell on pretty well.
Spotted that too, considering going straight to trade the game in for something else. Just hoping it’s not a digital download or something!

Clio 182
Spotted that too, considering going straight to trade the game in for something else. Just hoping it’s not a digital download or something!

CEX are offering £40 for them. Hadn't thought of it being digital though, that could mess my plans up! 😂

Clio
So bought the little one a Switch for Xmas, bought animal crossing which was a disaster as she can't quite read yet which makes it useless really.

So before I go knocking out £50 a week until I find a game she likes, is there any decent free stuff I can download for her? Seems like an expensive youtube tablet at the moment.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
So bought the little one a Switch for Xmas, bought animal crossing which was a disaster as she can't quite read yet which makes it useless really.

So before I go knocking out £50 a week until I find a game she likes, is there any decent free stuff I can download for her? Seems like an expensive youtube tablet at the moment.
Get Zelda and dont look back.

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I really want a PS5 but the missus really wants one of these. I have played one hooked to the TV but I didn't find it great, found it a bit 'kiddish'. I believe there isn't a good selection of third party games like what you can play on the PlayStation and X Box etc, is this still the case?

I'm trying to steer her towards a PS5 but she's insistent on one these so she can play fitness games. Tbh they look a gimmick to me and I keep telling her she'd soon get bored lol.

From my understanding a Switch Pro is due to be released later this year which will be 4k when docked to a suitable TV. Is the hardware still likely to be the same with no third party development?

Any other decent games like Flight Simulator, shooter/zombie games available for the Switch at all? Anything other than Zelda and Mario Kart lol?

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
Doom 3 VR is out end of this month, now that would be terrifying! Only on PSVR though :(

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I'm gonna get a Switch soon because I want to play Pokemon Legends, plus I'd like to go back and play a couple of the classics I've missed like Breath of the Wild.

Because I don't think it'll get a lot of use, and I only want to play a couple of games, likely always in console mode; can I just buy the tablet used on eBay and hook it up to a monitor using a USB-C to HDMI cable? Do I need anything else?

Has anyone got a switch they're looking to sell?

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I'm gonna get a Switch soon because I want to play Pokemon Legends, plus I'd like to go back and play a couple of the classics I've missed like Breath of the Wild.

Because I don't think it'll get a lot of use, and I only want to play a couple of games, likely always in console mode; can I just buy the tablet used on eBay and hook it up to a monitor using a USB-C to HDMI cable? Do I need anything else?

Has anyone got a switch they're looking to sell?
It doesn't work like that, there's something in the Dock connection that allows the video to be transferred from console to the big screen.

You can either go for the switch lite, which cannot be transferred to big screen and has fixed controllers on the side, dedicated handheld basically.

Or go for the standard switch which is what I've got, connects to TV and handheld as well along with detachable controllers to blast 2 player with the Mrs or mates etc.
It's the better package for the money in my opinion.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I've pre-ordered the OLED. Anyone else play Switch on here? The lack of posts in this thread suggests not.
I've got one. I don't play it much lately because been spending most of my free time on kitchen extension at home.

I'll deffo be playing it more over the winter months though.

Looking forward to the N64 titles coming to it too

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
Breath of the Wild is an incredible game but my son mostly plays rocket league and minecraft.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
We're looking at one of these for our 6 year old son.
Is it worth going for the OLED version? Double the memory also but this can be negated by using a Micro SD card anyway.

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
We're looking at one of these for our 6 year old son.
Is it worth going for the OLED version? Double the memory also but this can be negated by using a Micro SD card anyway.
The OLED is meant to be a much nicer screen than the original one but if you’re playing on the TV it won’t make a difference. TBH I’ve never thought “this screen is rubbis” when playing on my sons. It will probably help re-sale value in the future though.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
The OLED is meant to be a much nicer screen than the original one but if you’re playing on the TV it won’t make a difference. TBH I’ve never thought “this screen is rubbis” when playing on my sons. It will probably help re-sale value in the future though.
Cheers. After doing a bit more research we'll be going for the OLED, better build quality and a slightly bigger screen.
Not sure how much difference it'll make to him though but for the extra £50 I think I'd rather get it.

Another question for anyone playing Minecraft. Do you just get the basic game? I've seen different versions, he just wants to have a go of it because loads of lads in school are taking about it but is there a go to version to get now?

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
Cheers. After doing a bit more research we'll be going for the OLED, better build quality and a slightly bigger screen.
Not sure how much difference it'll make to him though but for the extra £50 I think I'd rather get it.

Another question for anyone playing Minecraft. Do you just get the basic game? I've seen different versions, he just wants to have a go of it because loads of lads in school are taking about it but is there a go to version to get now?
Start with the basic minecraft. You can always buy the others in due course if he gets into it.
I’ve got all of these games and my son loves rocket league which is free!