ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No central locking, can't won't start and alarm going off (172 Cup)

Hi guys, my Sunday afternoon drive was hampered by issues today! I wonder if you can help me diagnose? Here's what happened:
  • I tried to unlock the doors with the key fob, but nothing happened. I did notice that the red indicator lights up on the fob, though
  • I tested opening the passenger door just incase, this set the alarm off
  • Unlocked the passenger door with the key, hopped inside to press the central locking button on the dash, but nothing happened. The light on the central locking dash button going on and off, with the alarm going off. I reached over to try the driver's door handle, this opened the door (it is possible that I accidentally left the drivers door unlocked, when previously trying to set the alarm without the interior alarm being set)
  • Jumped into the drivers side to try starting starting the car, turning the key wouldn't start the car (it didn't turn over at all). When turning the key, you just hear like a buzz sound, the dashboard lights flash on and off with the alarm (or in some sort of pattern going with the alarm).

I have ended up just leaving it, desperate to just make the alarm stop. The alarm has stopped now and I've hopped online for some advice.

Is anyone able to suggest what they think it the issue is? I think it's probably the battery - it's under 18 months old, but the car is very rarely used (recently became a Londoner), I last used it on a big run at Christmas and then once/twice in January which is why I was going to take it on a 40 minute run today. My Dad suggested maybe the key battery is nearly dead, but since it lights up, I think it's probably fine.

Many.
Car battery flat most likely.

Multi meter it, or jump start to prove (DO NOT have the car you're jumping from running)