ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No coolant flow in small return hose to expansion bottle

AS1

1.4 16V and 1.4 RN
On my Clio 1.4 there's no coolant flow in the small return hose which is connected at the top of the expansion bottle.
I've had other Renaults which did have a visible flow into the expansion bottle.

The problem I have is that the heater is only warm for a short time when I turn the fan on, which leads me to believe there is no flow through the heater matrix.
Both the hoses to the heater matrix do get very warm.

I took the small hose to the expansion bottle off. It doesn't seem to be blocked. Some coolant ran out.

Recently replaced: thermostat and head gasket. The problem was already there before replacing these.
Reason for replacing thermostat. it wasn't opening far enough on the motorway. Came close to overheating.
Reason for replacing head gasket: exhaust gas in the cooling system. No other symptoms.