ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No power going to my amp....any ideas

Hello,

Just finished all my wiring (afetr having to get a special VDO connector to connect the amp to the HU) but there seems to be no power going to the amp (no lights on) and nothing is working (obviously!). Ive checked all the wiring and the earth and they seem ok, any ideas what the problem may be?? Its the first time ive wired anything like this up so im bound to have done something wrong, just cant see it. The only possible thing i can see is that i didnt strip the remote wire when it was joined - would that make any difference?

Any help or ideas much appreciated.

Jon

Have you connected the wire that comes from the H U, to switch the amp on when the H U is turned on??

I extended the remote antena wire from the back of the H U, It just gives the amps a feed to switch em on.

Alternatively check fuses??

I think i better check my remote wire, that may be the problem. Will alos check fuses too. Thanks Dan, much appreciated.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

what your saying sounds bizzare

where did you get the power source from? direct from the battery?

Yeah i know it sounds bizarre!! Its direct from the battery. Only just installed havent had it running yet so i havent blown it up! I think Daz may be on the spot, ill recheck my remote wire when ive got some decent light again.

Cheers guys, ill post how i get on tomorrow.
Jon

you could always be smart and get a volt meter and see if your wires are live etc

when i lost power to my amp, its cause renault sliced my remote wire when fixing my car.

i done mine in my old corsa and checked every single wire jus to find out the earth wouldnt work on metalic paint so make sure the earth is on bair metal!

Thanks everyone for their help, ive got it working now! It was the remote lead in the end, it wasnt connected properly!!:oops:

Thanks
Jon

350z & 16v Maxi

Buy a test light and just check everything with it, you will find it. The remote and the power should both have power when the HU is on.

Any one know a good place to put the ground on a cup?

ive had a look briefly and there doesnt seem to be alot of bare metal??

in fact none!!

350z & 16v Maxi

There is a big bolt that holds down that plastic bit behind the seat that you could use or just drill a hole in the bottom of the boot under that carpet.

sorry, i didnt mean it like that!

i meant, it seems to go into the body work, so there will be enough contact with bare metal to provide a sufficient earth?!? if you catch my drift?

if you fold the rear seats forward, between the split fold there is a nut and bolt which you can use as a reliable connection,

will also save you from drilling into your pride and joy