ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No rear Brakes

Renault Clio 182
Hi Guys, (182)

Not sure if this has been discussed as couldn't find anything.
I've replaced both rear calipers and no I have 0 brake pressure on the rears.
I Press the brake pedal and the rear pistons don't even move.
Stupidly I let the reservoir go dry.
Any ideas? I've bled the system a load (2L of fluid) The front brakes do work but I need to push the pedal to the floor to active them.
I've checked all pipes/MC/reservoir for leaks and there's non at all.

Thanks!

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
Sounds a lot like the rear compensator valve is knackered - that's assuming it actually has one though, are you getting fluid out of the rear calipers when bleeding them?

Renault Clio 182
Sounds a lot like the rear compensator valve is knackered - that's assuming it actually has one though, are you getting fluid out of the rear calipers when bleeding them?
Rear compensator valve?

Yeah I'm getting fluid, granted not that high pressure but I've heard the rears aren't great anyways.
Had the MC off and check for pressure front and rear and that seems okay.
I did start the car earlier and the pedal fell straight to the floor, no resistance at all.

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
Rear compensator valve?

Yeah I'm getting fluid, granted not that high pressure but I've heard the rears aren't great anyways.
Had the MC off and check for pressure front and rear and that seems okay.
I did start the car earlier and the pedal fell straight to the floor, no resistance at all.
Sorry, didn't spot that yours is a 182 which probably doesn't have it 🫣
The nothing for the rears is deffo an odd one but it does sound like it's possibly air in the ABS system

Renault Clio 182
Sorry, didn't spot that yours is a 182 which probably doesn't have it 🫣
The nothing for the rears is deffo an odd one but it does sound like it's possibly air in the ABS system
Yeah I'm not sure either, doing my head in.
Gunna see if anyone near me has clip or something to try bleed it

R3k1355

ClioSport Club Member
If you don't have clip then drive the car down a track or loose surface and slam on the brakes to get the ABS to kick in and push any air out. Do that a couple of times then bleed the brakes again.
Repeat a couple of times and see how things go.

Also if you're using a pressure bleeder, keep it under 10psi.

Renault Clio 182
If you don't have clip then drive the car down a track or loose surface and slam on the brakes to get the ABS to kick in and push any air out. Do that a couple of times then bleed the brakes again.
Repeat a couple of times and see how things go.

Also if you're using a pressure bleeder, keep it under 10psi.
Yeah okay I'll give this a go, cheers
I just need to some brakes working first - more bleeding I guess.
I'll keep that in mind, thinkthe first time I used the gunson eezibleed I ran 15psi

Renault Clio 182
Just thought I'd update if anyone has a similar issue.

Gave what R3k1355 said a go and I now have slight pressure at the rears and fronts working better too.
So turns out it was ait in the ABS module so I'll just continue to bleed and take down a gravel track and should be all good.