ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Noble M12 GTO3

Nissan R35 GT-R

My parents, brother, and myself all went to test drive a Noble M12 GTO3 yesterday and its looking probable that my parents will get one.

The car is simply amazing. It looks better than any car I have ever seen in real life, sounds superb, goes like stink, and the guy who took us out went around an average sized roundabout at 70mph! :eek:

So why after all of this am I p155ed off? The damn things take a year to build! :(

Saw a brand spanking new EVO VIII on the way back. Usually I would have gone mad about it, but straight up, it looked dull and boring!

Just checked their website, didnt quite realise how fast it is.

So I can trigger the imagination which roundabout (M25 J9?)

Is the GTO3 a new one? I think theyre bringing out a new updated range with the new Mondeo V6 so make sure its one of them not the old 2.5! They seem like great cars from what ive read, i like the profile too but details are a bit kit car.

-Rob

Nissan R35 GT-R

It was a little A road roundabout, about a 1/4 of the size of J9.

Rob: Both engines use the Duratec block, but the 2.5 litre no longer exists. The entire range has been replaced with the 3 litre version - hence the GTO3 - Well done, youre up on your Nobles! ;)

The engine puts out 340bhp and 380 lb/ft torque and the whole thing weighs less than my Cup!

Then you have the even monsterous thing coming out later on this year. With 400bhp, 6 speed straight cut sequential box, lighter than the R and is going to have a 70k price tag. But fcuk me is it gunna kick.

Nowt wrong with the old 2.5 litre, its lighter than the 3, so performance isnt that much different. You get more noise from the induction and turbos on the 2.5 as well, the 3l has the induction set-up repositioned so it seems quieter from the cabin. Better exaust sound at full chat on the 3l though :)

Nissan R35 GT-R

I asked the guy about the differences and he said that its just driveability. The 2.5 litre is what was on loan to all the motor press i.e. Top Gear etc and look how well it did! The simple fact is that the 2.5 is no longer available. Id be happy with either.

M12-TIM, bitter and twisted lol...dont suppose you own the 2.5?! No ones said anything against the old 2.5 its just that Frostys dad wouldnt want to get ripped of buying an older version, though luckily he wont anyway!

They are fapping quick cars and good sounding as you said. I see the same one quite often but thats the only one i see. So basically you get a ferrari/porsche killler which is rarer than both, sweet!

-Rob

No I dont own the 2.5, was just pointing out the differences. I wouldnt say buying a 2.5 is being ripped off , you pays your money you takes your choice. £47950 + for a new 3l or 40-42k for a low millage 2.5, pay more than that and yes you are getting ripped off , lol.

Frosty

Which one are your parents looking at? The GTO3 or the GTO3R? The R looks much better, but does weigh a little more. You can now get a 6 speed box and dry sump conversion, worth getting IMOP.

Nissan R35 GT-R

Well my mum will be the predominant driver of it. A 6 speed sequential is a bit much for the road, and the R also comes with the Quaiffe Active Torque Biasing Differential. This would make the car a little more compramised, and would serve no purpose for the way it will be driven most of the time.

I prefer the headlights on the GTO3 and also prefer alcantara to leather, so the R has none of the bits we want, and costs more.

The R does not have a dry sump, its a baffle to reduce oil surge, but again, its superfluous in a road car.

My dad is 100% happy with it, but my mum would like 1 final test drive...

I know that the R doesnt come with a dry sump, that is a factory fit option. The 6 speed box is a manual box, only the T version will come with the sequential. The T is a long way off yet though, Lee is trying to get the Rs production up to speed before the C version, and then the T version may come after. I have my name down for the T but depending on how long the wait may look at the Faraboud GTS instead.