ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

noise???

ph2 172 ff
ive got an 04 plate 172 and when its cold ie just started its fine but if its warm and im sitting at a stand still i can hear a fait tapping sound if i rev the engine it picks up and sort of becaomes a more constant noise not tap but then when back to idle it tapps again, my father told me its nothing to worry about but the car is my pride and joy and i want to keep it in as good cond as poss so does anyone know what this could e and how to get rid of it?

Oh man whos clio hasnt had that fault!!!!
Theres tons of posts on here regarding the same issue
I had the same thing with my clio my mates 172 inferno does exactly the same
BUT my RB cup dont do it at all...

Silver 172 cup
It will probably be the carbon canister. Mine does it. You can change it for one that wont make as much noise but I haven't bothered.
Can you only here it when you are in the car and if you push the accelerator a little bit does it speed up?

As said above. Do a search for more info. There a loads of posts regarding this.