ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Non-Sport on 172 Alloys

Arctic 182
So for about 2 years my car had looked like this:

DSC03028.jpg

However I had begun to think it looked a little chavvy, and when the alloys got dirty I hated the way it looked - worst thing about owning a black car!

So I'd been on the lookout for some 172 alloys for quite a while, and finally some popped up locally. So I resprayed the bullets and put the alloys on today:

DSC04194.jpg

DSC04196.jpg

DSC04197.jpg

Really pleased with the results, think it looks much cleaner. I may put a silver front and rear badge on as they don't really fit the colour scheme any more, but haven't decided yet.

1.2 16v 56 plate
what tyres are you running there and did you have any issues when putting these alloys on, and also have you got spacers on in this pic

Arctic 182
what tyres are you running there and did you have any issues when putting these alloys on, and also have you got spacers on in this pic

Just standard 16", 205/45/16. No issues when putting them on - but I do have hubcentric spacers, 40mm on the front and 30mm on the rear (so have extended wheel nuts).

Also have Eibach Sportline springs.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Just standard 16", 205/45/16. No issues when putting them on - but I do have hubcentric spacers, 40mm on the front and 30mm on the rear (so have extended wheel nuts).

Also have Eibach Sportline springs.

:/

Why do you have longer bolts with hub-centric spacers?

You only need longer threads with sandwich-type spacers.

Arctic 182
:/

Why do you have longer bolts with hub-centric spacers?

You only need longer threads with sandwich-type spacers.

Well spotted lol - you are correct. Have hub centric spacers on the front with standard bolts and sandwich spacers on the back with longer bolts.

You can still have longer bolts with hub centric spacers. Hubcentric just refers to the fact they have the hub lip on..
They're just the type that don't bolt to the hub first, they require longer bolts?