ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Non Starter (electrical?)

172 Cup
Been working on my clio for the past few weeks sorting its bodywork out

Came to it this week and thought id start it (i originally started it 2 weeks ago and there were no issues at all) Came to turn it on this week and nothing

All thats happened is i have removed the battery taken it home put it on charge and put the battery back in. When i turn the key it turns the car on (lights, central locking etc.. works) but when i come to turn it over it just clicks and the clock goes off butt he dash lighs stay on. There is no sign of the starter kicking in just a clicking noise from the fuse box. Bought a new battery and exactly the same issue:S

Im not to bad with cars but when it somes to electrics i fail. The Immobiliser Light does go off when the Key is turned, ive checked the fuses and they seem fine

Any suggestions??

Thanks

Dan

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Either a bad earth somewhere or the connection to the starter solenoid isn't great. I'd say it'll be a bad earth connection if it waas fine prior to the battery being removed - check the battery terminals are all good and tight.

clio 182
mite just be the starter sticking, you need to check the starters getting its feeds. if it is then giv it a bash with a hammer ;) (the starter that is)

172 Cup
Cheers Guys, wouldnt bump at first, tried using the jump leads and earthing the negative to the chassis leg and nothing, got a tow rope out, got towed and bumped it and hey presto it works :) Think the starter has a loose connection or something as it goes sometimes but not others. Will have alook at that in the future - Thanks alot