ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Non-Starting Clio, Strange!

ok!

1.4 16v Dynamique Clio

Blue(if it matters)

Was in an accident last year... (Drivers door side)

Caused side airbag to deploy

after the accident the engine still ran with no problems what so ever.

After 3-6 months of insurance exscsues the car stills on my drive and i wanted to get it started and its been sitting there dead for 3-6 months too! Could be a cause of the problem!

However.. it doesnt start!

Fresh new battery. All lights up as normal. come to turning the key.. it turns over once if that then the rev meter just clickers!!

Is there any quick Clio tricks that may work, im sure theres no engine damage but the car doesnt even atempt to keep turning! (THE BATTERY IS NOT FLAT!)

Is there a fuel cut off switch or anything like that in clios.....?

Any help would be much apprecaited!!!

My uncles BMW wouldnt start because of a problem with the key. Dont know if its the same with renaults.

Just a thought, If not then yer check the relays.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Red Button under the bonnet. Press it.

That's the fuel cut off, if the airbags have gone off that will have tripped.

Why doesn't anyone on this forum have BASIC mechanical knowledge?

He said above it was running.

So it wont be fuel cut off switch. People have basic knowledge on here, but you seem to have over looked the information given before bitching.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
My friend had a Megane diesel that did that though. Was in a smash, drove home fine, when it wouldn't start. He couldn't figure it out.

I popped the bonnet, pressed the red switch that's not too far from the battery and it fired up second go.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Okay, I'm sorry if I was harsh. But it even tells you about the fuel cut off in the owners manual. First place you'd look right? Right?!

I mean, come on. RTFM (read the f**king manual).