ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Normy's new stance (avec pics)

RB 197 fatty
Well, its been a long time coming, but finally its been lowered.

No more driving around 4x4 stylee!

Lowered about 40mm on Eibach pros and 5mm spacers on the rear.

Nothing too low, but i notice the difference in both cosmetic and handling side of things! :approve:

Before:

21102006166.jpg

21102006167.jpg

21102006164.jpg

22102006168-001.jpg

And After, using my new camera too! :D :

car5.jpg

car4.jpg

car3.jpg

car2.jpg

car1.jpg

RB 197 fatty
yeah just looking at them now iv realised they still look quite high in the pics there. they have actually gone lower now. should this have happened?

pics were taken 2 days ago just after they were fitted. does it take time for them to settle right?

look better now. will get some more photos

Was a 197
might find the rear will sit down after a while as they settle in. when u go for a first run on new springs a good idea is to go over some potholes on purpose to help this process along

V6
might find the rear will sit down after a while as they settle in. when u go for a first run on new springs a good idea is to go over some potholes on purpose to help this process along

pot holes lol. just take your car for blitz around a few rounderbouts mate, give them a good week to settle.

RB 197 fatty
yeah they do look alot better after 300 miles now. and i do live in the tinyest village ever with roads made out of potholes, so its is better now.

will update pics soon!

Was a 197

pot holes lol. just take your car for blitz around a few rounderbouts mate, give them a good week to settle.

i'm thinkin on the lines of getting the rears seated properly

RB 197 fatty
well as far as handling goes on a 1.2, quite alot actually! before i used to get that horrible roll feel as i went around corners like it was gonna topple over, but now it just seems more rigid and stuck to the road with minimal roll.

Also the 5mm spacers have stopped the wheels rubbing on the arch liners so that good too.

The only tiny downside is the ride is now alot harder and feel the bumps that little bit more, but it was expected and its not really that noticeable.

So overall.... a recommended mod from me!

E60 diesel powah
needs lowerin...;) lol, nice dude, RS grill n silver visions! ur sorted then

Last edited:
  Mk2 Clio 1.6
well as far as handling goes on a 1.2, quite alot actually! before i used to get that horrible roll feel as i went around corners like it was gonna topple over, but now it just seems more rigid and stuck to the road with minimal roll.

Also the 5mm spacers have stopped the wheels rubbing on the arch liners so that good too.

The only tiny downside is the ride is now alot harder and feel the bumps that little bit more, but it was expected and its not really that noticeable.

So overall.... a recommended mod from me!

so with the eibach pros, they rub unless you get spacers for them???

RB 197 fatty
ha ha, how did this get drawn up from the bottom of the drawer?! it happened over 2 years ago!!!

jcc - lose the sport badge??? .... iv lost the whole car, for a 197!

RB 197 fatty
so with the eibach pros, they rub unless you get spacers for them???

think it all depends on the model of car/wheelcombo. if i had standard the standard 15's that came on the car i wouldnt need them i dont think no. but i got the 16's which are obviously bigger, wider so they rubbed on the small arch liner. so i had to use spacers.

M

mini-valver

PMSL, it's a 1.2 Brett,

Prolines only lower the car 15mm at most, not really worth it IMO unless your standard springs have snapped (Most do).

RB 197 fatty
ha ha, thats alright no probs jcc!

yeah brett its only a 1.2. it had settled alot more after these pics were taken. and looked good in the end actually. I just wanted it back to looking kinda standard but with those wheels not the lowered look. it worked!

R56 JCW
21102006167.jpg

Big no!! Exhasut very unsure, SPORT badge lose it!! Umm Prolines possible wont lower it that much as dave said but RS grill and Silvertecs

RB 197 fatty
21102006167.jpg

Big no!! Exhasut very unsure, SPORT badge lose it!! Umm Prolines possible wont lower it that much as dave said but RS grill and Silvertecs

ha ha, mate i did it over two years ago..... havnt even got the car anymore. its an olllllldddddd thread.

and actually i gotta say over the 3 years almost, its the first proper bit of negative feedback iv had on the exhaust!

th sport badge actually came on the car from new! iv had this argument before but ppl usualy fail to believe me. i think theres others out there that got them too. whether or not it was factory fitted or by the dealer.... it wasnt me, and it was brand new! ... and even though it is only a 1.2... it does say sport on the documents!

...not that i ever gave two sh*ts of course!

.... 197 tomorrow!!!!! :evil:

R56 JCW
ha ha, mate i did it over two years ago..... havnt even got the car anymore. its an olllllldddddd thread.

and actually i gotta say over the 3 years almost, its the first proper bit of negative feedback iv had on the exhaust!

th sport badge actually came on the car from new! iv had this argument before but ppl usualy fail to believe me. i think theres others out there that got them too. whether or not it was factory fitted or by the dealer.... it wasnt me, and it was brand new! ... and even though it is only a 1.2... it does say sport on the documents!

...not that i ever gave two sh*ts of course!

.... 197 tomorrow!!!!! :evil:

Oh good for u, aslong as it dont look like that ;)