ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

North Wales Run, sunday the 19th of august.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
The planned route http://goo.gl/maps/oNIYn. there will be plenty of stops for food and photos along the way so dont be worried about the time to get round.

It may have a few alterations as i look into the road news i.e. any road works or flooding the day before but they are (90% of the time) usually fine but really good fun as well :)

The route contains runs up mountains, along side beaches and lakes as well as through tunnels so its a wide range of driving situations to be passed through.

Leaving time not yet confirmed as i will wait and see what time people can leave if they wana come along.

It is a great run for photos and tbh if you have never been this way it would be a great experience to drive this way.

I will be leading this run and will NOT!! be pulling out all the stops to get past slow traffic in dangerous situatoins on roads i know pretty well so do not expect to be coming on an all out blast, at times there will be chance to make progress to enjoy some of the best roads north wales has to offer :) but i must make this clear, this route is not a route for racing at stupid speed especially on some of the more technical parts as these routes do bite if you mess up.

Pictures from the last trip in winter http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?613490-wales-run-26-11-11, even though there was only 2 of us and it was cold and wet (snow in places too) it was still really enjoyable to drive this route at a reduced pace :)

Photos are a must on this trip as the views are breath taking plus with XxHardingxX loosing his RS viriginity on this trip its even more the reason to capture the outing :)

All extra ideas about the route are welcome, and any questions will be answered ASAP just send me a PM :)

Fastdanbar.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
The link isn't opening on my iPhone mate. But I'll take a look at it on my laptop tomorrow. I remember looking at it last year when you and James went actually.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I will be leading this run and will NOT!! be pulling out all the stops to get past slow traffic

I like this.

If theres 3 of you, fine.

I hate it when theres a huge convoy of people not wanting to get left behind and double-drop the brave pills.

Scenery / pics / flowing quick road / ''banter'' I hate saying that FTW.

I'll see how I'm set for this, I have the RS track day on the 23rd, could be a good time to scrub the AD08s in a bit.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
I like this.

If theres 3 of you, fine.

I hate it when theres a huge convoy of people not wanting to get left behind and double-drop the brave pills.

Scenery / pics / flowing quick road / ''banter'' I hate saying that FTW.

I'll see how I'm set for this, I have the RS track day on the 23rd, could be a good time to scrub the AD08s in a bit.

ye i doubt there will be a huge convoy but if there is things will be put in place to shorten them down but i would ask for people to take note of the pointers on the map and maybe print one out incase they get lost of the sat nav dies?

and tbh i just need time in the welsh hills again, south central doesnt have the same feel im affraid :(

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
That route looks fantastic. Were so lucky to have these roads nearby to us.

I can imagine what the roads are like down there :(

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
why thank you, there maybe a few roads added as my knowledge comes back to me as i drivw through there but i cant remember which roads where the ones i wanted to add till i see them lol

and ye i know i cant wait to get back to then north wales roads.

and well tbh the roads aint bad but the best view is mainly of the sea and tbh the tarmac down here aint great where as if the tarmac on the welsh hills has to be alright otherwise alot more people will die lol

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
What time are you thinking dan? As its a sunday I'll more than likely be in work.

No way thats £30 in fuel lol thats got to be about a tank???

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
It's £60 for the V6/200 Ash ;)

lol the 200isnt as bad as the vee. But mate no way you that trip can be done for £30 that looks a fairly long trip! dose look a good trip.

how long to go till the 182 is coming out joe?

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
I suppose it isn't. It does look a long trip, awesome though!

12 days to go..:D This meet will be the first day of me driving it, so I'll be keeping it steady.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Your missing the Llanberis pass by Snowdon! It's miles better than the A5!

the route is rough guide ATM dude, it will have a few roads added and a few taken off as well.

What time are you thinking dan? As its a sunday I'll more than likely be in work.

No way thats £30 in fuel lol thats got to be about a tank???

and i dunno yet was thinking of leaving around mid day-ish but you know me lol but i dunno depends what suits people who wana come as im easy with time as i have nothing on that day.

and i said just over £30 which it was, it was wet and foggy so we took it really easy over these roads on that run

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
i cant make my mind up which road down the side of snowdon is best to do, the A4086 or the A4085?

or even to put both in and get the best of both sides of the mountain :)

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
route 1 http://goo.gl/maps/yj4Wo which incorporates a beach stop for food towards the end and an easy run back down the A55

route 2 http://goo.gl/maps/BsXWK which doesnt have a beach stop but we would stop in betws-y-coed at a pub that does good cheap food :) but it does mean the run is a little more tricky on the way back.

also with these changes fuel cost will be around the £40-£50 in a 172/182, if your in a V6 or a 197/200 i would say it would be a bit more lol

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Meeting time sorted, 10am at Broxton for some breakfast before we head off (really good butty van there) :) leaving there about 10:30 to carry on through the route.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Tell me more :)

Just got off the phone to the dvla too dan, and they said it's fine :clap:

nope it isnt set in stone yet so i wont say anymore lol but they are hoping they can come and bring it along :) i hope it does come as it looks like my dream clio! haha

and yes i told you it would be fine :)