ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nos Install??

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2
HI,WHAT IS REQUIRED FOR INSTALLING NOS IN MY CLIO 172 MK2?:S?DO I NEED NEW CAMS,CONRODS AND PISTONS?:mad:?HAVE ANYONE INSTALLED NOS IN THERE CLIO?;)?

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Craig said:
haha. why would you put nos in your 172

Why not ??

I ran a 200 hp 172 unit ( cams, gas flowed manifold, de-cat, R-sport ECU etc etc ) and i ran a NOS system with it. It was powered by a digimax progressive controller running a 50hp jet. The power delivery was fantastic giving me a 13.6 @ 106 on the strip !! You dont need to do much really to fit a kit. If you want to run a 50hp jet i suggest an upgraded fuel pump with bigger injectors, a minimax progressive controller and perhaps r****d your ignition slightly. The solenoids and piping will come with a kit.

Contact http://www.wizardsofnos.com/ for more info and prices

172slee.jpg

slee4.jpg

no need to shout..

its Nitrous oxide (N2O) not NOS..
get a highpower wizards kit as pictured in matt blacks clio with a digital progressive controller.

www.noswizard.com

matt - whats the third pulsoid for in your picture on the right hand side?? a purge kit? radiator cooler?

MERCEDES CLS AMG
The most important thing is to get bigger injectors and a higher powered fuel pump. Get it mapped up properly ideally with a piggy back ECU & a progessive controller so you can change to and fro when racing. Get the kit fitted proffesionally otherwise your gonna have trouble.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Guy said:
no need to shout..

its Nitrous oxide (N2O) not NOS..
get a highpower wizards kit as pictured in matt blacks clio with a digital progressive controller.

www.noswizard.com

matt - whats the third pulsoid for in your picture on the right hand side?? a purge kit? radiator cooler?

Purge valve mate

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Ran a 75 jet on my V6 with digimax progressive controller - would do 13.5 @ 107

Last edited:
  MERCEDES CLS AMG
clarkiev6 said:
i aint got none of that and i've been running it for a year!!
speak to wizards mate...

I bought my kit from them and used a fitter recommended by them - i was racing the car every weekend and went through about 10 X 11lb bottles before i shot a piston out of my block. Trev at Wizards said if i had done the mods correctly none of that would have happened ?? - this was 4 years ago and now im very confident in using NOS all the time now as ive fitted many kits and had the required mods done. My suggestion is to read up on NOS and get used to the idea of how it works before fitting it - speak to other people that have it on there cars. The TT is getting a 100hp kit fitted very shortly :D

Last edited:
  Black 172 MK2
oh iv been toying with the idea of a 50 shot would be good fun. Plus you compare it to other mods and if set up right its VGVFM

With nos you should be able to run jets which are half the engines standard power.

I.e. a saxo vts = 120bhp so 50bhp is very safe

My mate has 75bhp jets in his VTS, he isnt running bigger injectors or had a remap (yet)

End of the month he should be running TB's, cams and stand alone management. Should see a healthy figure from a 1.6 16v engine

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
TB's... do you think tb's on a 1.6 16v clio would be worth it or u aswell doing 172 conversion?

cos u could get tb's use larger injectors (maybe 2.0l ones) fire some 50 shot in.. that woud be fun! ;) (while it lasted)