ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Not so noticeable 5K kick

Clown Car
Did a back to back driving comparison last night of my 55 plate sep 05 182, done just over 2000 miles, it only had 1200 miles on it when i bought it in feb 06, everything standard and my brothers 05 plate mar 05 182, he has done just over 5000 miles and he has a green cotton air filter fitted.

The 5k kick on his car was much more noticeable and pronounced, whereas the 5k kick on mine feels like a steady surge of accelleration, nowhere near as aggressive, so could there be anything wrong with my car or has the engine not loosened up enough yet.

Have other 182 owners had the 5k kick from new or did it get more noticeable the more miles you put on it,.

Also i do not think it helps only working 2.5 miles from home, the car is barely warm byt the time i get to work/home, but i do give it a blast down the country lanes at the weekends.

RenaultSport clio 182 cup
I've also noticed a softening of the 5k kick. I've only gone 5000km so far, but after around 4000km the kick seemed (subjectively) to be more like hard-acceleration than the wheel-jarring jab it used to be (interestingly, this happened some time around a recent 1500km trip).

On the good side - again subjectively - there seems to be more low-down power than before. Under 4500rpm it seems to have more pull overall, and even under 3000rpm there's still plenty of go. I can easily take corners in 3rd from 2000rpm with no trouble at all. The engine note, too, seems to have deepened, especially around 3500-4500rpm - almost as if there's a hole in the exhaust. :cool:

Maybe this actual increase in low-down power has made the 5k kick less agressive, relatively speaking? Maybe the loss of high-end power has made the low-down revs seem more pokey? Maybe it's all in my head? :clown:

Whatever it is, I just don't get that addictive 5k rush anymore. :dapprove:

Anyone else experience this?

MINI JCW
Mine has had a nice big 5k kick since day one and still has now. I must admit though some days I think it feels faster than others but its prob just in my head

Mercedes SLK350
Mark5290 said:
Did a back to back driving comparison last night of my 55 plate sep 05 182, done just over 2000 miles, it only had 1200 miles on it when i bought it in feb 06, everything standard and my brothers 05 plate mar 05 182, he has done just over 5000 miles and he has a green cotton air filter fitted.

The 5k kick on his car was much more noticeable and pronounced, whereas the 5k kick on mine feels like a steady surge of accelleration, nowhere near as aggressive, so could there be anything wrong with my car or has the engine not loosened up enough yet.

Have other 182 owners had the 5k kick from new or did it get more noticeable the more miles you put on it,.

Also i do not think it helps only working 2.5 miles from home, the car is barely warm byt the time i get to work/home, but i do give it a blast down the country lanes at the weekends.

I told you the Inferno 182s are quicker than the Titanium 182s. ;)

Have you thought about losing a bit of weight, deffo be quicker then. :rasp:

RenaultSport Clio 182 Cup
mines had a good kick at 5k since the day i picked
it up it's now done just ovr 13k and it does feel a bit
quicker than it did when i first bought it

Clown Car
big lee said:
I told you the Inferno 182s are quicker than the Titanium 182s. ;)
EVERYONE knows the 172 cup is quicker;) *Hmmm what's this can, let's remove the lid - aarrgghh worms*

big lee said:
Have you thought about losing a bit of weight, deffo be quicker then. :rasp:

I am big boned - honest, but i did notice the car was not so sluggish pulling away AFTER you got out.:D .

2014 Focus Titanium
gazcaddy said:
I must admit though some days I think it feels faster than others but its prob just in my head

my VTS is like that, some days it feels really responsive and others, it just feels just normal. i love cold winterry morning when its really fresh, thats when it seems quickest, i put it down to the air temp/density :D probs just in my head though!