ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Not starting - fuel smell - cutting out

clio sport 172
Hello guys

the last month my clio has been playing up on me not starting 1st time just will not turn over takes 3 to 4 times
when it does turn over if I just leave it it will just drop revs from 1k and cut out over 5 minutes .

this morning the car did not start again trying 2more times and the car back fired ( pop ) and the smell of petrol was strong.

I do have a de cat fitted but the car had been fine with it fitted

clio sport 172
And there is a huge flat spot and I 1st rev the car takes time for the car to kick in the revs

clio sport 172
and when the car is on on idle parked up some times the revs jump and to 1.5k and its own

clio sport 172
no mate

now and again starts 1st time and then some over time just will not start but trying to turn over.

to day it went pop from over fuelling and the smell was strong , I know I have a de cat but was working fine with it

I have just ordered new leads and plugs as don't think they ever been done on the car