ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Not your usual Newbie..

Megane Coupe 2.0 16v VVT
Hi,

I'll probably get hounded for this but i'll see how it goes.

I've got a Megane Coupe :eek: 2.0 16v VVT and decided to sign up as im lead to beleive that it is the same/similar to the Clio 172 engine and gearbox.

Since i've got a few problems with the gears and engine and the Megane Coupe Club dont know that muh about this engine, I was advised to join here by a friend and keep my fingers crossed that i'll fit in. :approve:

Anyway, Im from Glasgow and im 21, Enjoy films and music and im looking for someone who is look.....Oops, wrong intro lol.

Anyway, Hope to learn a few things, Mainly about this tappity engine lol.

Cheers

John

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
You can find out anything about anything on here iirc. Should be able to find out what your after...

welcome :)

Megane Coupe 2.0 16v VVT
Thanks for the welcomes guys. As long as im not singled out for having the slanty back poof chariot im happy lol.

I love this place already...After a quick search i found a thread with the exact same problem as mine and low and behold, A video to clarify..

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v247/zippy-v-172/?action=view&current=MOV05997.flv

Sounds the exact same and only does it once its warm. According to that i need a 'dephaser'. Had the car a year and the noise drives me mental. So happy to finally have a potential resolution.

Thanks again!!!

Fiesta ST-3
Welcome, i have a megane coupe all be it with a 172 engine actually in it. So any problems feel free to ask away.