ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Novice Advice Needed

Hi, I just got a spanky new clio 172, but the sound system is well, weedy! to say the least. I want to upgrade, but in the first instance would rather not change the head units. Would putting in new speakers help?, and if so anyone got any reccomendations as to what to replace. Im also puzzled by the speaker grilles at the back, why are they there if the rear speakers are in the rear seat side panels?? Sorry if this is a lame post, but im inexperienced when it comes to this stuff.

Thanks

mark

Buy some 13cm coaxials (mid and tweeter together) for the rear and 13cm components(mid and tweeter seperate, mid in door, tweeter in dash) for the front. You wont get the best from your speakers unless you replace the headunit.

The speakers should set you back about £80 for the components and £60 for the coaxials

If you were to get an new headunit you can get cables to link to the steering column. Check compatibilty first, read older posts on this subject, they should be helpful.

Quote: Originally posted by satch on 28 May 2003

Im also puzzled by the speaker grilles at the back, why are they there if the rear speakers are in the rear seat side panels??

Im pretty sure there to do with venting air when shutting the boot.

I read that the new minis have the same kind of thing in recent revisions because the boot sometimes wouldnt shut at all :D

Im probably wrong but its just something I read