ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NSX Kit

Turbos.
I would start one of these project threads if it wasn't so glacier like, but after 5 months of waiting for the bodykit for the NSX has finally arrived! Some may remember i was starting to worry if i'd actually ever get it, so to say i'm happy is a gross understatement!

As you will see in the pictures the kit makes the car much wider, so the next job is to fabricate some new wishbones. Currently awaiting a quote for inboard suspension compared to a conventional setup, but either way will incorporate centre lock wheels which will be cool...

Note the width of the arch!
Dscn0674.jpg

Close up
Dscn0675.jpg

Rear wing
Dscn0676.jpg

Rear arch
Dscn0672.jpg

Dry carbon boot, almost cost as much as the fibreglass kit!
Dscn0671.jpg

From the pics it seems to fit well but it will be getting modified for aero purposes then re-made in carbon. I also need to source some new shape lights for it!

A little reminder of how it started...

Pictures053.jpg

Turbos.
You're too kind.

Its 'based' on the Super GT look from a few years ago. Back in the JGTC days they were much narrower, but the Super GT cars are silly wide, being a bespoke space frame allows this.

jgtcnsx1.jpg

jgtcnsx2.jpg

jgtcnsx3.jpg

Some pics of how they started to how they are today. It changed to Super GT when they did a couple of races outside of Japan.

As you can see the last one makes our kit look weedy! They are the fastest GT cars in the World, way beyond say a Aston DBR9.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
what kit is it? what wheels u gonna put on there?? or havent you chosen a make yet?

edit bottom pic your wheel is on the wrong side lol

Turbos.
Dymags, would have gone for the carbon fibre ones but they kept breaking on a friend's Noble, so going for mere magnesium alternatives!

It is a Sorcery/Route KS kit.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
That's going to be something special :)

I can't help but imagine the costs involved hehe - have you blocked it out? Or are they not as 'mortage sized' as I'm thinking?

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Good man hehe :D What is it you do, if you don't mind me asking? Feel free to tell me to mind my own business - I'm just being nosey hehe :)

Turbos.
Its ok... my job is somewhat complicated, i run a web design company and work for my dad's business as well. They are in the same building so i manage the two.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
@ Englebert - Ah, god bless the internet eh :)

Turbos.
I can only but try...

I already have a perspex hatch with integrated scoop to go on, its not like the periscope on the Super GT car though!

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
wow.. cant wait to see how this turns out :eek:
thats the problem with these threads.. i want to be able to read through them all in one go not have to keep waiting :rasp:

superbenji88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i
thats ace!
I always loved the NSX JGTC and SuperGT cars from Gran Turismo days
one for the JDM thread?

Turbos.
Theres not much to tell other than that some decision making has been made...

In order for it to eligible, i've decided to keep it transverse. The big problem with this is finding a gearbox that will cope with big power as most aftermarket 'boxes are for FWD touring cars.

Fortunately, Hewland have agreed to making a JGTC 'box from 2002 (they were transverse then) for us. The engine is most likely to be a Toda JGTC 300 engine, so hoping for 450bhp and -1000kg.

Elswhere, also decided to keep the suspension pick-up points the same too, but the suspension will still be re-designed. I'm currently trying to get hold of JGTC 2002 regs for some ideas. Other than that, just been cataloguing all of the parts, have 80% of an NSX sitting in my garage now!

It won't ever see the road.

Exige S1 + Honda S1
Theres not much to tell other than that some decision making has been made...

In order for it to eligible, i've decided to keep it transverse. The big problem with this is finding a gearbox that will cope with big power as most aftermarket 'boxes are for FWD touring cars.

Fortunately, Hewland have agreed to making a JGTC 'box from 2002 (they were transverse then) for us. The engine is most likely to be a Toda JGTC 300 engine, so hoping for 450bhp and -1000kg.

Elswhere, also decided to keep the suspension pick-up points the same too, but the suspension will still be re-designed. I'm currently trying to get hold of JGTC 2002 regs for some ideas. Other than that, just been cataloguing all of the parts, have 80% of an NSX sitting in my garage now!

It won't ever see the road.

thats what I was hoping to hear :D