ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nurburgring trip

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
25th may

Think anyone can jump in on it aslong as ya can get accommodation and a ferry sorted. I'm not going with these guys but will be over there at the same time

ph1 172
I will try to summarise for you Vicky

We leave Friday 25th morning from home at 2:30am to drive to Dover to catch the 6:01am ferry booked through dfds to Dunkirk.

We arrive in Germany sometime on Friday and set up camp. Can't remember the campsite though

Saturday and Sunday we spend driving around the circuit

Monday morning around 7:30am I believe, we leave Germany to catch the 4:00pm ferry from Dunkirk to Dover

Anyone is more than welcome to join us

SQ5
I will try to summarise for you Vicky

We leave Friday 25th morning from home at 2:30am to drive to Dover to catch the 6:01am ferry booked through dfds to Dunkirk.

We arrive in Germany sometime on Friday and set up camp. Can't remember the campsite though

Saturday and Sunday we spend driving around the circuit

Monday morning around 7:30am I believe, we leave Germany to catch the 4:00pm ferry from Dunkirk to Dover

Anyone is more than welcome to join us

Plus order awesome stickers ;)

ph1 172
Was a nice day today so decided to set up the gazebo thing that I have and I found a tent in the shed so set that up too! Never erected either so was quite surprised at the results:D

Without sides on
http://7182823846_402dd827a0.jpg Untitled by Rhys Beal, on Flickr

With a couple of sides on
http://7182826424_a0a2ebc76a.jpg Untitled by Rhys Beal, on Flickr

And this which seemed to have come from no where sleeps 4 in 2 separate rooms with a big living area in the centre
http://7182829376_69048bb7dd.jpg Untitled by Rhys Beal, on Flickr

http://7182833590_18cae12d26.jpg Untitled by Rhys Beal, on Flickr

The gazebo makes the tent look tiny. It stands over 10ft tall and over 16ft long

Attachments

• 7182823846_402dd827a0.jpg
    7182823846_402dd827a0.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 7182826424_a0a2ebc76a.jpg
    7182826424_a0a2ebc76a.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 7182829376_69048bb7dd.jpg
    7182829376_69048bb7dd.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 7182833590_18cae12d26.jpg
    7182833590_18cae12d26.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 0
  ph1 172
That thing is ideal to spend the evenings in for everyone if the weather turns out bad, also all cooking and stuff can be done under cover:)

SQ5
Money recieved from

Dan
Rhys
Lewis
Andywa (arranged)

I've got a chair in the garage I'll start getting stuff together this week.

Did you need that driveshaft Lewis?

Trafic 140dci
Money recieved from

Dan
Rhys
Lewis
Andywa (arranged)

Ended up working late so couldn't get to my mates :( Going to pull it apart on the drive tomorrow afternoon if i get home in time, my neighbour who is a Ford Tech said it's definitely the wheel bearing, Dan said to speak to you about changing that? But i might just put that hub on of yours if the bearing in that is ok...

SQ5
Oh I see, I wouldn't of thought wheel bearings to be honest but those hubs have had some stress I imagine.

I think it's the standard play that side has due to the drive shaft.

FaceTime me when you have a look ;)

pimp mobile Zafira
Money recieved from

Dan
Rhys
Lewis
Andywa (arranged)

Hopefully you should have received payment mate. Let me know if there are any problems.

SQ5
That's everyone for stickers now apart from Chris, looks like he doesn't come on too much.

Any with his number just send him a text please? Then I can get them ordered :)

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
good stuff! just gotta find somewhere to put compulsory items, first aid kit, triangle etc

ph1 172
I am going to get a massive bungee net thing from tool station for £9.99. Scott has one and is great so should keep all my items in check.

Also as I have now removed my seats, I will put a couple of hooks where the seatbelt mounts were to then give me 4 points to ratchet strap everything down

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
I have a cargo net but not confident with it holding things down on track as you are meant to carry it at all times!

pimp mobile Zafira
Got my sleeping bag out of the loft and gave it a good clean as it was manky. I was going to set the tent up at my folks house just to check it over but decided against it after the gales. Pretty much all sorted now.

pimp mobile Zafira
^did you get any footage or was it just trying to find a decent mounting point?

Any one know of anything that will hold a camera in place to take video in the car?

I dont own it, so I will be looking after it!

After having a play with it today it really is a brilliant piece of kit, its on my Christmas list, only half a year to wait lol.

pimp mobile Zafira
I dont own it, so I will be looking after it!

After having a play with it today it really is a brilliant piece of kit, its on my Christmas list, only half a year to wait lol.

May have to do this as well. Loads of glowi g reports about these.

pimp mobile Zafira
Just a heads up but Tesco are doing a load of camping for dirt cheap. Gas canisters are £1.96 which isn't bad.