ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nurburgring trip

Dear Dan Mallett,

thank you very much for your email and inquiry.

Camping, you are at the right place to looking for camping and entertainment.
We are the official campground at the Nuerburgring race track, providing perfect accommodation for all motor sport fans and the many events each year. Our campground is open all year round and offers about 1,000 camping spots/pitches. Due to the fact that none of them are separated, we do not make any reservation. But don't worry, our fans benefit from this feature in such way that due to the size of our campground, there is availability at any time of the year.
But don't worry, there are plenty of campsites and pitches to choose from at time of your arrival. Thanks.
We work on a "First-Come-First-Served" base, which is most convenient for our fans. Choosing your favourite campsite you are also able to staying together, all family and friends.
And our office is open from 8 am to 10 pm for check-in, so you are welcome at any time.

Now here you find first hand and latest information on facilities, location and amenities:

We offer 5 buildings with plenty of restrooms and showers, all campsites feature the option of electricity (220 V). So bring your TV or fridge and enjoy yourself. Our campground is located directly at the grandstands No. 5 to 8 of the Grand-Prix track, all within walking distance. It is such a convenience for our guests to attending race, attractions and accommodation, all in one place. Is there a better way to enjoying your time to the fullest?

Please visit our website for online information regarding driving directions and location.
driving directions: www.Camping-am-Nuerburgring.de/WieWo.html

map of our campground: www.Camping-am-Nuerburgring.de/Uebersicht.html

costs for 2012 :
13 EURO per person / per day including space for your RV, motor home or tent and car included.
Electricity is 2 EURO per day, with a one-time setup fee of 3 EURO.

Here is our current fee schedule / 2012:
====================================================
grown up => per day : 13,00 Euro
children (6 to 14 years) => per day : 4,00 Euro
electricity => per day : 2,00 Euro
setup fee for electricity => one time : 3,00 Euro
Fees include space for RV, camper, tent, car, motorcycle/bike.
Fees also include usage of water, hot showers and restrooms.
------------------------------------------------------------------
All fees are per day (not per night).
Day-of-arrival and day-of-departure are 2 days.
(For racing events and other special events we may charge a minimum amount of days).
Every other day is being charged by an additional day.
==================================
payment at time of arrival, cash please.

We also have 2 restaurants and 1 shop on site available for our guests. Every morning you may fetch your piece of fresh bread (@ourShop), and it’ll give you a perfect start into another adventurous day.
Go ahead and have your own BBQ with your favourite food. And even a campfire is permitted, a tradition at the Nürburgring and our campground for centuries. Firewood/logs are available on site, so you don't have to carry logs with you.

Again, if you have further question, please do not hesitate to email.

You are welcome at our campground any time,
have a good and safe trip,
your team "Camping am Nürburgring"

Camping am Nürburgring
53520 Müllenbach

Tel: 02692-224
Fax: 02692-1020
email: rezeption@Camping-am-Nuerburgring.de
www.Camping-am-Nuerburgring.de

Clio Sport 182
Im defo up for that...so camping thou, im getting old now.

I used to have a season ticket when I was based in germany.

Let me know about dates im there.

Unsure yet, ill look at booking tonight.

We will be meeting somewhere near Ipswich I think. But that's quite far from you lol. So can just meet en-route :)

Im tempted to book a cheap travelodge for the Thursday night also lol

Clio Sport 182
ah f**k that, ill just take a bouncing bomb and kip where I can. Once were on the continent there is a hotel on the circuit and always F1 hotels near by, think last F1 hotel i stayed in was 9 euros or something, basic but who cares.

Drop me a PM when you know more kidda

Trafic 140dci
Unsure yet, ill look at booking tonight.

We will be meeting somewhere near Ipswich I think. But that's quite far from you lol. So can just meet en-route :)

Im tempted to book a cheap travelodge for the Thursday night also lol
A12 first thing Friday morning!? You must be joking lol would be better to meet at Newmarket and take m11 to m25, trust
me on this one ;)

Also has anyone got one of them small beer fridges? I need to get a tent too..,

ph1 172
Fantastic news that Dan :)

Next thing to look at is the ferry crossing then, I don't think bulk booking makes any difference does it? Booking individually might be easiest as we don't want to be booking people in that do not turn up

A12 first thing Friday morning!? You must be joking lol would be better to meet at Newmarket and take m11 to m25, trust
me on this one ;)

Also has anyone got one of them small beer fridges? I need to get a tent too..,

Im easy to go either way, theres literally nothing in it for me! Thought you wanted to go via somewhere? lol

Fantastic news that Dan :)

Next thing to look at is the ferry crossing then, I don't think bulk booking makes any difference does it? Booking individually might be easiest as we don't want to be booking people in that do not turn up

No difference on group booking, unfortunatly its getting booked up pretty quick! So its either 3.30 am or 9am :p
Untitled-1-2.jpg

Bear in mind that well need to setup camp and that s**t when we get there, i also dont have a tent! I have a tiny fridge that will hold a pint of milk.
Sure we can sort something out!

Clio Sport 182
I think ill have to make my own way there, i cant just book a day off work so i wont be leaving till 12ish

Trafic 140dci
Your right i do lol, it's Illford, Essex, if Elliot is coming, still need to speak to him lol, it's not a major diversion off route. Personally think M11 is the easiest way, and would be easiest for picking him up too.

I still need a tent, sleeping bag etc :(

Your right i do lol, it's Illford, Essex, if Elliot is coming, still need to speak to him lol, it's not a major diversion off route. Personally think M11 is the easiest way, and would be easiest for picking him up too.

I still need a tent, sleeping bag etc :(

It doesnt really matter untill the day before tbh :)

I have a sleeping bag, im one step ahead! ha

Clio Sport 182
i dont even own a tent, i tend not to do camping in my spare time too much. Iv got a poncho that'll do i suppose

GSXR + KDX220
How's your planning guys? Me and my mate will either be at the ring either the Fri or sat evening, to spend the following day there. Not sure yet!

oh and for the record the channel tunnel is only £100 pounds ish for a car, return. Depending on train times you want though ;)

GSXR + KDX220
But the boat takes 2 hours, the tunnel 35mins. I guess it doesn't matter too much if your not pushing for time etc.

Boat it is lol

pimp mobile Zafira
Go through quidco for your ferry and get some cash back. I'll try and get booked for the ferry in the next week or so.