ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nurburgring trip

GSXR + KDX220
Going to dunkirk Dan, little bit cheaper lol

I'll probably be staying at my mates in clacton Thursday night, possibly. But can meet up with you on the way depending on your route. Somewhere near Colchester or Chelmsford ;)

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Not reading through 15 pages but what's everyone's plan?

Me and my mate are out there over this weekend, but we're are going from hull to Rotterdam on the Thursday night (24th) and driving down from there. We're doing a night in Amsterdam on the way home so this is why we are goin across to Rotterdam. Plus it works out at half the driving miles, which Is worth the extra money on ferries in my eyes, as I was completely f**ked last time at driving 650 miles each way

Currently we shall be over there in my MPS so keep your eyes open and come say hello :)

Oh, and I'm assuming folks in this thread are going over there on the 25th-27th may weekend? Apologies if not, like I say, not read the whole thread, just followed a link from another

ph1 172
Not reading through 15 pages but what's everyone's plan?

Me and my mate are out there over this weekend, but we're are going from hull to Rotterdam on the Thursday night (24th) and driving down from there. We're doing a night in Amsterdam on the way home so this is why we are goin across to Rotterdam. Plus it works out at half the driving miles, which Is worth the extra money on ferries in my eyes, as I was completely f**ked last time at driving 650 miles each way

Currently we shall be over there in my MPS so keep your eyes open and come say hello :)

Oh, and I'm assuming folks in this thread are going over there on the 25th-27th may weekend? Apologies if not, like I say, not read the whole thread, just followed a link from another

The thread has changed alot from the initial starting post.

On Friday 25th morning around 3am myself, Lewis Taylor and dmallett will be driving down to Dover to catch the 6am ferry to Dunkirk. We will then head straight over to the Nurburgring to then set up camp and drive Saturday and Sundat around the circuit to then head back Monday around 7am ish to catch the 4pm ferry from Dunkirk to Dover. I think that is right!?

We certainly will keep an eye out for you, I will be in a blue 182 with black wheels, Dan in a Red 172 with black wheels and Lewis in a white 172 with......guess the colour of the wheels!!

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Errr black? Lol?

We should arrive by about 2ish Friday afternoon. Where abouts are you camping? We are stayin at a hotel in adenau (sp) bit of a drive to the track but we've got three nights for the price of one in a hotel near the track. Plus we've got mates staying close to the ring entrance so will be spending most of our time with them probably

You got any plans for a night out while your stayin?

ph1 172
We are staying at a very local campsite that is huge (1000 pitches) and a stones throw away from the track. That's all I know.

We have no plans that I know of for the evenings apart from working on broken and bent cars and burning food on the bbq. You?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
On the Saturday night We'll be heading out to pistonclaus for a steak, and then onto the bars and club up by the museum, can't remember the name. had a crackin night out there last time, from what I can remember anyway!

ph1 172
Well I cannot be trusted when I drink so really don't want to be waking up in someones bed in the middle of Germany from an epic night out!

We shall see;)

LY Megane R26
Yes mate all book, I'm off Friday and Monday for this, back for 4 days then off for another 12 for floirda.
I also want the Thursday 31st off for Snetterton aswell, so they aint going to be happy! haha.

Trafic 140dci
Scott your more than welcome to come out for a couple of lap's in my car at Nurburgring if you like, that's if you can be dragged away from the comfort of Rhys car with A/C lol!

I'm not even sure if my passenger is coming lol.

ph1 172
lol

Scott can be thrown between both cars then!

In theory my seats will be even worst on the next couple of track days than at Snetterton Scott, as I will have fitted my AST's (thanks to Lewis!) and rear ARB. Corning like its on rails:)

Trafic 140dci
lol

Scott can be thrown between both cars then!

In theory my seats will be even worst on the next couple of track days than at Snetterton Scott, as I will have fitted my AST's (thanks to Lewis!) and rear ARB. Corning like its on rails:)
No thanks to me, i just made a suggestion :p

LY Megane R26
It is only an evening Rhys but I cba with driving to and from Cambridge, leaving work early or taking half a day. Then driving home to properly pick up and Zack and then to Snetterton and etc. Rather have a lay in and a whole day off work;)

Thanks for the offer Lewis! Ill defiantly be up for that:) Thrown about in Rhys's or getting out of Lewis with a stuff back;)
I havent even dropped it to Soph I'm going yet;) haha

Trafic 140dci
Id be really up for this trip would really appreciate someone sending me all the info if you could cheers
More the better :)

6am ferry from Dover to Dunkirk on the Friday 25th.
4pm ferry from Dunkirk to Dover on the Monday 28th.

If you can get the same times as we could either meet you on the way down OR at Dover, we're all meeting a Fourwentways services Friday morning (time unconfirmed yet) i'd imagine between 1-2am Shouldn't be too bad for you to get to as you'll come down the A1, and the services is about 10-15 mins from there i believe.

Need to be at Dover around 45 minutes before the ferry leaves.

ph1 172
It is only an evening Rhys but I cba with driving to and from Cambridge, leaving work early or taking half a day. Then driving home to properly pick up and Zack and then to Snetterton and etc. Rather have a lay in and a whole day off work;)

Thanks for the offer Lewis! Ill defiantly be up for that:) Thrown about in Rhys's or getting out of Lewis with a stuff back;)
I havent even dropped it to Soph I'm going yet;) haha

Better sweeten her up first before you tell her then!

pimp mobile Zafira
Id be really up for this trip would really appreciate someone sending me all the info if you could cheers
Could always convoy Down with us mate. Setting off from Selby not far off the A1.

Should hopefully know by a week today if I'm on my own or if my mate is coming. Whats the crack for blagging a pax lap? Never. Been before and would love to be shown round 1st I that make sence.

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
I dont mind taking people out for a pax lap in mine. reasonably experienced, done around 65 laps now over 4 trips.

Also if anyone is interested stopping at spa on the way is well worth it. only just off the main road on the way. The weekend we are going they will be practising for the spa classic. we have been before and its free on the fri. some very very nice cars there! and the noise is amazing old turbo f1 cars, group c cars etc! spa is also a lovely track

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Well was free last time we went so guessing it will be this time. It's literally 10 mins off the route as well and a good break in the journey.

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
We are on 6.50 Euro tunnel so will be there around the same time as u I think. Friend is towing his Clio so could be a bit slower

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Staying in what is pretty much a woman's house lol. Little way out. But cheap have to drive past the camp site to get to the ring. There is a very nice Italian near us that all the hotel owners use. Be good if you joined us for a meal somewhere!