ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nurburgring trip

SQ5
So ferry is £60 how much have you all put aside for food, fuel, camping etc,...

f**k going through this thread lol!

ph1 172
I have budgeted for around £500 but that was including a hotel so should come in under that now as we are camping which as we spoke about earlier is around £35 for 3 nights. Food will be cheap as we are cooking ourselves on bbq and stove.

Fuel getting there and back will cost me no more than £200

SQ5
What's the rough mileage we will be doing? I can get 200 miles decent driving on tank.

Doesn't seem too expensive, unsure if I'd want to take my car round though! My luck I'd end up breaking down and ending up with a massive fine!

ph1 172
It will be fine. I am not driving balls out as it's the Nurburgring! Snetterton is different;)

From my house to the circuit is 450 miles so maybe 20 more for you

ph1 172
I reckon your not far wrong there

Tempted? I say this as you will need to book the ferry fairly promptly so we can all be about a similar time

ph1 172
I think Dan does yes. We are going from Dover to Dunkirk on the 6am ferry 25th May. I think its DFDS but Dan could tell you more as he did the booking. I don't think they are any spaces left but don't worry as I am sure that even if you got a different ferry for a slightly different time it wouldn't matter and we could just wait in France for you, or vice versa. (Scott wants to stock up my car with alcohol anyway;)

SQ5
Cheers Rhys, I'll have a look at other times. I'm sure they'll be cancellations and rebookings too so I could get on with you!

ph1 172
I would like to think so too! Speak with Dan tomorrow and he will be abit more useful than me. I am off to my love pit now so will speak soon and hopefully sort it all out for you :)

SQ5
Convinced a friend to come but he wants a hotel lol!

All booked aren't they?

Missus doesn't mind either so if car behaves over next three weeks I'm in!

SQ5
I told him all full.

Quinton didnt want to come, if splitting costs with a passenger it works out at about £250/300 each which is a bargain.

Friend is now wanting to come in his Civic Type R so still need a passenger!

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
We have a guy who we go to year after year, He is called willy and he is gay but what a place! Up above the ring surrounded by trees, rolling landscape and the howl of porches and BMWs in the distance!! Rubbery :)

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I struggled getting a hotel, in fact, I couldn't get one near the ring entrance. So we settled for one which was around 7 miles away I think it is, and it's a lot cheaper than what I was lookin at spending for one near by. Have a look on booking.com see what's available upto 10 mile away. I know it's probably further than most would want to stay,but all the roads around the area are mint, so makes for a good drive to the track entrance

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
I struggled getting a hotel, in fact, I couldn't get one near the ring entrance. So we settled for one which was around 7 miles away I think it is, and it's a lot cheaper than what I was lookin at spending for one near by. Have a look on booking.com see what's available upto 10 mile away. I know it's probably further than most would want to stay,but all the roads around the area are mint, so makes for a good drive to the track entrance

Awesome roads!